Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Speaking of Taxes Part 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of Taxes Part 3

Has anyone rec'd their refunds yet? I was told that we''d have ours 2/10 and then 2/17- and nothing, nada, zilch.

Makes me a wee bit paranoid. and I have heard that the IRS totally scrutinizes the adoption tax credit returns for any little error. I have triple checked mine and can't find anything missing or wrong and Turbo Tax did it's screen...

I NEED this cash!!!

J.

I wish I were as far along in the process as you!

Did you do the eletronic deposit or paper check? It seems like a check takes longer. I wonder too if the snowstorm messed up mail delivery?

Comment

We sent our paper-version off to Kansas City (we live in Chicago) back at the end of January and haven't gotten or heard anything back yet. We owed some state taxes and IL deposited our check within days.

Hold tight.
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

We e-filed and were given the due date of 2/24, so we will see. I will let you know if we gets our or not....sorry to hear that they are still using your money!

Comment

We just filed last week so we havent recieved our paper check either. We are getting a nice refund this year...everything we put in plus a little interest!

(please God, let H&R block have calculated our refund correctly!)
          Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

We are checking our account balance several times a day, we are supposed to receive ours by 2/24. Last year we got it a few days before they projected, so we're kind of hoping that happens again.
            Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Sigh...made no money (almost none), owe no money, get no money.

Comment

Not to worry. We e-filed Feb 3rd (using TurboTax) and I got my Federal return yesterday. It ws the first time we had itemized deductions and I took some charity that we hadn't previously claimed from 2002 along with job-related expenses, and I just knew we were being audited, and I would never see that money!

It was there yesterday morning though! What a relief! We got our state return a week earlier.

I'm a little closer to paying for my surgery.
                Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I hope you take all the $$ and hide it away for your surgery. I am really excited for you!
                  Mom to three wild women.

Comment

the check came in the mail today!!! I love checks that have commas in them....

Jenn

Comment

I had expected our refund on or before 3/21 after checking our check status on the irs website and we got ours two days ago!
                      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Yay, it got deposited in our account yesterday!!!
                        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Working...
                        X