Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What are the odds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the odds?

What are the odds that BOTH my federal return and state returns got lost in the mail? I know I mailed them from the post office at the same time.

Since I am getting a refund, I didn't use certified mail. Won't make that mistake again. Not so much for proof of delivery but that so that I know if there is a problem.

I just refiled today.

Yikes! I know I waited till the last moment to file and I checked the tracking info several times during the last day. I barely made it. Have you tried filing online? It's easy and hassle free. The IRS website has several links to tax preparers that do free online returns (you do have to pay a small amount for the state though). The only reason I had to mail something in this year is because I lived in two states during 2005.
    Cristina
    IM PGY-2

Comment

We're all online, baby. I can't imagine mailing!! We'd definitely screw that up. I lose things here in the mail all the time. Must be a leak at the post office in town.
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I thought about a fiery inferno for my taxes too!

I have an accountant do our taxes. He gives them to me on paper and I mail them in. I'll think about the e-filing...someday.

Comment

Two years ago my return never showed up and when I did a little digging, I discovered that our accountant somehow *forgot* to file them! Needless to say, we have not needed her services since then--we now use turbo tax and e-file.
          Maybe since the tax season is officially over it won't take as long for you to receive your refund? I seem to remember that ours came pretty quickly once it was actually filed. I hope they show up soon Nellie!!!
          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I'm hoping it will be closer to 3 weeks. My credit card anxiously awaits their arrival.

I'm one of those paranoid people who doesn't like to give the IRS my bank account number on the return, so in addition to filing a paper return, I am getting paper checks. :!

Comment

Yikes, yep I do mine on Turbo tax and e-file them as well, the refunds are promptly deposited into my account. If I owe a refund I print them out and mail them at the last possible minute! Though this year we had to mail the MN taxes for some reason, it wouldn't let me e-file them but the refund was still deposited into my account.

Either way I hate taxes!
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I always mail mine with those green return upon receipt cards. Needless to say the cards never get returned but they withdraw the money all the same. I guess that's their way of notifying me that they got my forms.

Comment

That sucks, Nellie. It figures...just when you are counting on receiving the money....

We do paper returns/paper checks for the same reason and it is such an inconvenience. We had to wait nearly 3 months to get our refund last year because we mailed in our return rather than doing e-file. Of course, when we owe, the IRS always cashes our checks with lightening speed.

I hope your check arrives very soon!!

Comment

Progress is being made. I received my state refund today. They paid me $0.89 in interest.

Comment

Wow! Don't spend that extra money all in one place!
                      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

And I got the federal refund today! Much, much more generous. They paid me $11 in interest.

Drinks are on me!

Comment

Yep, I would have preferred to never have a refund in the first place (and kept any bit I didn't have to pay).

Mmmm...margarita. Now you can have one!

Comment

Working...
                          X