Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

...And now he's talking about Yale.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...And now he's talking about Yale.

Lily,
    I'll PM you.
    FluffInHaven
    Enabler of DW and 5 kids
    Let's go Mets!

don't count out yale law. I was a 3.something GPA student with a throwaway major at a middle of the road state school, but I did really well on the LSATs and went to a top 10 law school.

So just rock those lsats!
    - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

Not sure what else is in New Haven but there are lots of jobs in/around Stamford and you can always commute to NYC.

Pace Law School is in Westchester (which I believe would be under an hour drive from Yale) but it's not a great school.

Comment

Lily-

Want to hear how shortsighted the TX school systems are? Neither you or me would be accepted into a Teacher's Traning program. Nope, because our GPAs from UNDERGRAD were too low. I said to the girl, "OK, 20 years ago I had bad grades, I've since received a Master's degree with a 3.8 and been responsible for the health and safety of 100s of developmentally disable people? and you're not accepting me?" (and this was to go into Special Ed! and I have a Master's degree IN education!!!) and she essentially agreed that the parameters were rather limiting.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. and that's the ONLY time other than applying for a second Master's that my undergrad grades a have ever been brought up. ( and I was accepted into a top 10 Health Services Admin program, so it obviously didn't matter to them, either!)

My point? in 20 years, my undergrad grades have only been discussed TWICE. My experience has been that the Master's (for normal people with brains) is weighted much more heavily.

Jenn

Comment

Yeah, I think Jenn is right, that 3.9 is going to be a much more significant factor than the 2.4. Just apply early decision (since I presume you'll go there if you get in) and rock the LSAT and you'll be good to go.

Comment

Avoid law school!

I should have been a teacher. Summers off.
            Husband of an amazing female physician!

Comment

Originally posted by Laker
              Avoid law school!
              I was pretty sure this went without saying.

Comment

Originally posted by reciprocity
                Originally posted by Laker
                Avoid law school!
                I was pretty sure this went without saying.
                Kelly too.

Hmmm....Lily, it looks mighty bad when the lawyers on board are trying to dissuade you!

Comment

To be fair, I'm sure there are those who love the practice of law and enjoy it.

More often, I seem to find people who love the law, and consequently dislike the practice of it.

Comment

Working...
                  X