Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Matt Damon: People's Sexiest Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Damon: People's Sexiest Man

Was there ever any doubt?

NEW YORK(AP) Matt Damon has been named the "sexiest man alive" by People magazine, an honor that has been bestowed twice on his pals George Clooney and Brad Pitt.

The 37-year-old actor is featured on the cover of People's annual issue, on newsstands Friday. Damon, who is married to Luciana Bozan, said the honor came as a surprise.

"You gave an aging suburban dad the ego boost of a lifetime," he says in a letter published in the magazine. "My 9-year-old stepdaughter now thinks I'm cool _ well, cooler."

Damon, who has a 1-year-old daughter, Isabella, with Bozan, says "all the campaigning" by Clooney and Pitt had finally paid off.

"Unfortunately, after all those years out on the trail, the meet and greets, the fundraisers, the stump speeches, I've finally come to terms with the fact that this is a mantle I wasn't meant to hold," he says in the letter, which was signed "Matty."

"Don't get me wrong, though. I was really shocked and happy (Lucy said I actually blushed) when I heard the news. So I can't thank you enough for that."

People's "sexiest man alive" list began in 1985 with Mel Gibson. Others on the list: Clooney (1997 and 2006), Pitt (1995 and 2000), Denzel Washington (1996) and Johnny Depp (2003).

Damon won a screenwriting Oscar with Ben Affleck in 1998 for "Good Will Hunting." Both Damon and Affleck starred in the movie.

He has also starred in "The Departed," "Syriana," the "Ocean's" franchise with Clooney and Pitt, and "The Bourne Identity" and its two sequels.

Re: Matt Damon: People's Sexiest Man

Yeah, Matt's in the top ten for me. He seems to have a nice guy personality too. I approve.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I saw a blurb when Clooney or Pitt got it the last time. They were filming one of the Ocean's movies and they really did give poor Matty a hard time.

You can tell that they really do have a good time. (and I remember an interview they did after filming 13- it was w/ Clooney and Damon, talking about poor Brad and how he had to suffer w/ that ugly wife (their words) of his...)

and yes, Matt is definitely on the top ten.

Jenn

Comment

Matt D is in my top 5 somewhere behind Matthew M.
        Needs

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
          I saw a blurb when Clooney or Pitt got it the last time. They were filming one of the Ocean's movies and they really did give poor Matty a hard time.

You can tell that they really do have a good time. (and I remember an interview they did after filming 13- it was w/ Clooney and Damon, talking about poor Brad and how he had to suffer w/ that ugly wife (their words) of his...)

and yes, Matt is definitely on the top ten.

Jenn
          I saw an interview with Julia Roberts and George Cloony, and they called up one of those guys- I think it was Brad Pitt. Anyway, I thought it was amazing how well those guys all get along. I know a lot of it was scripted (like the part where Clooney made Julia hamburgers-- ha ha ha -- are you hungry Julia? yes, I'm ALWAYS hungry...) but the chemistry of that gang shows thru anyway...
          Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Originally posted by *Lily*
            Sorry, nothing trumps this.

Hello, lover.

Comment

o.my.goodness ... is there a fanning myself emoticon?

Comment

BTW .. whenever we go down this path, I wish that Matt or David or one of our guys would start a thread w/pictures of ...

wait - who is considered "hot" these days on the girly side of things? I'm SO out of it!

Comment

You're right Jenn, it's getting hot in here! Whew. We need some pix of Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
                    Jason Bourne. Hubba, hubba.
                    DITTO. He's the hot-intelligent-super lethal guy -- with a nice toushy.

George is in the "he makes me melt" charming category for me.
                    His charisma reminds me of Carey Grant.
                    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

I keep checking back to see who else has been posted...

(Much more my speed than the David Beckam pics...)
                      Peggy

Comment

I heart Matt Damon.
                        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Super excellent yummy. We saw Bourne Ultimatum when we were in Boston, his hometown. I felt very close to him then
                          Mom to three wild women.

Comment

My husband has a thing for him. Really!
                            It's like my crush on Catherine Zeta Jones.
                            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Who doesn't have a crush on her? She is gorgeous!
                              Peggy

Comment

Working...
                              X