Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

mel gibson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mel gibson

i thought maybe his career would tank a bit after the cop/jew/sugar tits thing happened, but he seemed to rebound a little. now, we have this with the ex-mistress/baby mama.

has anyone followed this? the last movie i watched with him in it, NOT on TV was, "we were soldiers". i'm not so sure i'll pay to see anything else after this.

you can read about him here. they're keeping up on everything. if you don't feel like searching, you can go here, here, here, or here

(p.s. SO TOTALLY miss the tom and katie thread....)
    Last edited by rainbabies; 07-12-2010, 12:18 PM.
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Can't stand him. I used to enjoy Lethal Weapon, and I can't even watch that now. I don't follow anything about him, or go see any movie he has a hand in.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

You know what he is? A complete control freak. His recording reminds me of stuff I used to hear when I worked in the Domestic Violence division of the DA's office. Abusive spouses and SOs do stuff like this when they feel like they are losing control of their mate.

What a freak.

Comment

He sounds like a horrible person to be around...especially drunk. His ego is clearly out of control. It's so funny when the personal assistants and managers/PR reps can no longer keep under wraps these actors true personalities!
        Danielle
        Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Total ass. I will not pay to see him in anything, ever again. I find it sooooooooooooooo appalling that Mr. Uber-Catholic / married forever with a boatload of kids turns around and fathers a child out of wedlock with his mistress ... and is now charged with abusing her, and is just a general anti-Semitic schmuck all around.

Comment

I was really shocked to hear Whoopi on The View today say that she knows him and that he is not a racist. He is a racist, a wife (or mistress) beater and completely disgusting.
            Last edited by Chrisada; 07-12-2010, 03:28 PM.

Comment

and his publicist just quit. That's never a good sign.

So, Mel and Tom don't get any of my $ anymore.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisada View Post
                I was really shocked to hear Whoopi on The View today say that she knows him and that he is not a racist. He is a racist, a wife (or mistress) beater and completely disgusting.
                You know, I actually like quite a bit of Whoopi's stand-up, etc., even though our politics are often far apart. I think she can be very funny. But I am not sure where she gets this from. If the most horrible, hateful thing you can think of saying to someone in the heat of anger, when you are clearly trying to tear them down, is to tell them that they deserve to be "raped by niggers"...nope, I'm pretty sure that qualifies you as a racist. You may be, ordinarily, a well-behaved racist and you have the social common sense not to share your thoughts out loud, but a racist nonetheless. I think she's wrong, even though she personally knows Mel.

Comment

http://www.celebitchy.com/108695/hea..._teeth_broken/
                  ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

As a Catholic, he REALLY bothers me
                    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Do you think there is any chance that Gibson has a frontal lobe tumor or something? I am NOT trying to make and excuse for him. He may, in fact, be the ranting, raving racist he appears to be.

But look at what has happened in this guy's life, starting about four years ago. He gets drunk, drives, gets arrested, goes bonkers on the cops despite the fact that he knows whatever happens is going to be public, splits with his wife of 30 years, takes up with a trophy, has baby out of wedlock, then goes completely nuts on her, too. And, previous to four years ago, aside from a history of drinking heavily, there's no history of such bad decision-making and bizarre anti-social, ugly behavior. Even his ex-wife stated in an affidavit that he was never violent or abusive when he was with her.

DH has seen stuff like this before. Somebody shows up at the doctor's office or in the ER, usually after being forced to go by a relative. Part of their presentation is notably strange changes in behavior that deviate significantly from their personality norm. Brain tumor.

Gibson sounds altered to me.
                      Last edited by GrayMatterWife; 07-16-2010, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Isn't it interesting how now it is turning into the taped must be doctored and stuff. I actually saw a woman on TV who happened to be a counselor or something say that clearly Oksana must have been provoking him and purposefully pushing his buttons to make him lash out.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisada View Post
                          . . . Oksana must have been provoking him and purposefully pushing his buttons to make him lash out.
                          Provoking him into being a racist? She has such control over him as to be able to completely destroy his moral center and re-wire him to spew racial hatred?

I don't think so.

Comment

Abigail, I actually was wondering the same thing- and he's not really made any movies over the last few years, either. Not that it excuses his behavior because it doesn't but clearly there's a bit of a social filter missing that apparently once was there.

Jenn

Comment

Abigail & Jenn that makes alot of sense.
                              Luanne
                              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                              X