Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

L&D show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My DH also held me in both instances while I got my spinals. The first time he knew all of the players in the room but the 2nd time he didn't and it wasn't any different.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Dh held my hands for all my epidurals.
      Tara
      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I haven't watched it because I know that I'll get annoyed seeing people made fun of and disrespected, but they have to air the dramatic people/cases because that's what people want to see!! My ob/gyn and her partners have a TV show and I guess my pregnancy was too boring because I wasn't asked to be on it!! Not that I would have agreed anyway.

Comment

That's so interesting about the epidural procedures. The nurses were really strict about it at both hospitals. It didn't really matter who was holding my hand as long as I got my drugs!!
          Danielle
          Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

My dh was at my side, and I remember saying "this is what you do all day...? I have a new respect for you." and then he asked for it in writing!
            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
              My dh was at my side, and I remember saying "this is what you do all day...? I have a new respect for you." and then he asked for it in writing!
              smart ass!

I remember E holding me for the epidural with Caleb, and I think he did for Sophie as well, but that one is a bit fuzzy as it was late at night and I was tired. And the doc put it in WAY before I needed it and filled it with saline. I think he just wanted to go home before midnight.
              Kris

Comment

I haven't watched the show but when I had my spinal dh wasn't allowed in the room. My obgyn dr held me and once the screen was up he was allowed into the room. He did know everyone there. I'm guessing different hospitals have different policies about these things.
                Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

It can vary from anesthesiologist to anesthesiologist, too. My first two were born @ the same hospital. Dh was allowed to hold my hands for the first, but the attempted to banish him for the 2nd. Only after we protest & reminded them that dh is a doc & was on staff @ that very hospital did they allow him to " stand in the doorway" as a " professional courtesy". I was none too pleased. With the 3 rd, he was allowed to hold my hand, but it also seemed that the fact he's an MD carried more weight, too. It was basically announced by the nurse when a doc or different nurse would stop in for anything. Weird.

Comment

Working...
                  X