Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Oscars...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oscars...

Love them or hate them??
    Brandi
    Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

I just love seeing all of the dresses - we haven't actually seen any of the movies so I didn't really care who won.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Hated the hosts. James Franco was boring and appeared as though he was not happy to be there. Anne Hathaway was better but over-eager and I really did not like all her whooping and hollering. I did appreciate though that people held their applause during the in memorandum segment. It always bugged me that the crowd would cheer for late movie stars and then fall silent when writers they did not know were remembered. And it was fun seeing the clothes.
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

It had its moments I guess....but I agree James Franco seemed bored! lol
        High school sweetheart and wife to an MS4 cutie, and mom to pretty baby J, silly Siamese kitty, crazy Weim, and funny ferret.

Comment

I only saw the first 30 minutes and what a YAWN!!! No no to James Franco. Dude was checked out. I would have rather seen Alec Baldwin as the host...they need an actual comedian to do that type of program.
          Danielle
          Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsPotts View Post
            It had its moments I guess....but I agree James Franco seemed bored! lol
            Stoned is more like it.

I felt bad for Anne Hathaway. She tried her little heart out, but had to drag pot-head James Franco along every step of the way. I felt like the whole show was poorly organized. Why hire Hathaway/Franco to host to "appeal to a younger demographic" and then make all of the segues about the history of the film industry? The writing was bad, bad, bad. The whole Kirk Douglas thing was ... just painful. Good for him for being healthy enough/spry enough after a stroke to get out there, but ... yikes .. it was just hard to watch, and it put them behind schedule in the first five minutes!

Comment

Harsh words for James Franco. It just wasn't the right gig for him, I'd say. He's a smart guy on paper, and from Palo Alto.
              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Harsh words for James Franco. It just wasn't the right gig for him, I'd say. He's a smart guy on paper!
                married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Stoners don't typically do well in situations where a quick wit or, say ... looking like you're awake come in handy.

Comment

I personally think the oscars are boring, no matter who is hosting. Usually they are about movies, that I have not seen no care to watch.

Comment

I hated the ceremony, loved the Red Carpet (I was there!)

I usually hate awards shows, but love to see all the dresses.
                      I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Originally posted by corn poffi View Post
                        I hated the ceremony, loved the Red Carpet (I was there!)
                        You were? Neat! I got to sit in the bleachers at the Emmys once. It was a ridiculous yet worth it experience for someone like me who knows nothing about celebrities.
                        Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Yup, I was in the bleachers on Sunday. "Ridiculous yet worth it" is probably the best way to describe my experience as well.
                          I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Working...
                          X