Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Paul Mitchell School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Mitchell School

Anyone ever get services there?
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

I have a couple times. The first time was great, the second, not so much. It just really depends on who you get. Although, the only reason I knew the second time wasn't great was because my next hair dresser told me my hair wasn't exactly even. I had no clue. I was so embarrassed.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

I used to go to them all the time in Chicago. I never had a bad experience - but be warned, it takes FOREVER. I mean like 4+ hours for highlights, 90 minutes for a cut.
      Jen
      Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I've been to a couple of different beauty schools, mostly for updos. Some have been okay, some not. I wouldn't get my hair cut there, but other services are fine. The last place (fancy Aveda school) couldn't figure out how to do a french manicure, though!
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyhoundsRUs View Post
          ... be warned, it takes FOREVER. I mean like 4+ hours for highlights, 90 minutes for a cut.
          Totally forgot about this. So true.
          -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
          Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
          Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Is an Aveda school near you? They are heavenly for pedicures and massages! Plus they give you the bottle of OPI nail polish that you use. I haven't found they take longer than usual.

Comment

Is an Aveda school near you? They are heavenly for pedicures and massages! Plus they give you the bottle of OPI nail polish that you use. I haven't found they take longer than usual.
              Hmm...the Aveda school was the one that botched my manicure and I didn't get the nail polish. Botched as in tried 3!! times until I finally had to leave and ended up trying to hide my horrible fingers in my bridal portraits. I guess it isn't consistent everywhere.
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Yeah I guess not. The one in Ann Arbor is awesome and top notch. But that's a little far away huh.

Comment

Sorry, I meant to respond sooner but I've had my hands full for the last couple days. I sent the inquiry from the Paul Mitchell school -- where I spent 2 hours getting a pedicure and trying to avert my eyes from the too conspicuous lady bits of the nail tech who insisted on working on my nails while sitting on the floor in a too-low-cut-too-short-too-tight dress all the while telling me how she covered her "inspiration board" with glitter. Best part was when the plastic tub she had me soak my feet in disolved after she poured acetone in it. She did a decent job but I don't think it was worth the savings.
                  Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Groupon usually has mani/pedi deals. That's what I'm doing from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                      Groupon usually has mani/pedi deals. That's what I'm doing from now on.
                      Yup, I have three mani/pedis. waiting for me through Groupon!

Comment

I used beauty schools ALL through medical school to get my hair colored, no way I could afford it otherwise. It did usually take 2-3 hours to get my hair colored, and once or twice I had my face stained with hair dye, but overall the students were nice, professional, and it was worth the savings to me.

Now I drive an hour to my friend and she does my hair for free if I pay for color.

And I only color my hair because I have at least 20% grey, and the greys are unmanageable, and age me significantly, so I kinda feel like its a necessity.
                        Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

I had a friend goin through cosmetology school who begged me to be her guinea pig for various services like acrylic nails and mani/pedis. It took her FOREVER, but her pedis were pretty awesome. The acrylic nails, not so much. 5 hours later (I'm not kidding), I had some interesting looking claws. Well, more like ten mini hooves.

Comment

Working...
                          X