Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Octomom on the Today Show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Octomom on the Today Show?

Did anyone see that this morning?

It was insane. Ann Curry couldn't even interview her because the kids were running amok. At one point, Natalie Morales, David Gregory and several other staff people were corralling kids.

I mean I know toddlers are rambunctious and it's hard to control even one but how the hell does she do this in every day life with no help? (She reiterated today that she has no nannies and is not on public assistance...although she might be lying, we have no way to verify that).
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Here's the video:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...83060#43683060
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

I missed it but when I heard she was going to be on with 8 toddlers, I thought that I wouldn't even attempt that with one toddler.
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Just that much more proof that she's a freakin' nutball.

Comment

Yup...that sent my ovaries into hibernation for a few more years...

They're cute kids -- and I actually thought they behaved better than I would have expected for there being so many! I don't know how she doesn't have help to take care of them!

I feel bad for them because they seem so desperate for individual attention.

Comment

We were watching this portion of the show this morning before we headed out to the beach. It was mass chaos! I turned off the volume as Ann went chasing after a child, all while asking the older daughter a question. I know they are nearly three years old but, sheesh. She could have brought in extra reinforcements for something like this! I loved the one that was sitting in a nearby chair playing with Natalie, very cute. But I just couldn't listen to her talk. I seriously felt like Casey Anthony looked like her when she finally let her hair down.

And did anyone see the one child with the cleft lip? I felt so bad for him, but she said he's having surgery for that next week (I hope that is not a lie).
            Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

I didn't watch the whole thing but for 8 toddlers I didn't think that it was THAT bad. (I can't even imagine!)
              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I didn't know about your triplets, I'm so sorry!
                Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

First, Rapunzel, I'm really sorry to hear about your loss.

Second, I wasn't meaning to castigate Octomom. I was just incredulous that she could take care of that many the same age with absolutely no help. And she has 6 other children to care for. I agree their behavior was completely age appropriate (and frankly rather hilarious) but I just don't see how she can do all of that and still somehow earn a living with NO help.

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss, hon.

But I stand by my description of the woman as a nutball. She has shown herself to have significant mental issues in what she has elected to show the world of herself. Having a lot of kids doesn't mean someone is nuts. This woman is a nut who coincidentally has a higher-than-average number of kids.

I refuse to watch the Today show video as I won't be part of any "hits" that make her seem newsworthy. Maybe the kids are exhibiting perfectly normal and age-appropriate behavior, I dunno. If they are, that's all sorts of awesome. I sincerely hope those kids end up OK, but am pretty sure it will be in spite of their mom, not because of her.

Comment

Working...
                    X