Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fake Baby Bump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake Baby Bump?

Anyone else read/hear that Beyonce faked her baby bump? The story I heard was that she IS pregnant but is only about 8 weeks along so she wore a fake belly to make the announcement.
    Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Originally posted by MarissaNicole View Post
    Anyone else read/hear that Beyonce faked her baby bump? The story I heard was that she IS pregnant but is only about 8 weeks along so she wore a fake belly to make the announcement.
    As someone who has a baby bump that changes size depending on what I've eaten, what time of day it is, and what I'm wearing, it wouldn't surprise me if she does have a bump especially if she pooched it out at the VMAs but that the new photo was caught when she was sucking it in. We measured my bump last night as a joke and I can change it in size by 4 inches based on holding in my abs vs. letting it all hang out. I could easily hide my pregnancy right now (21 weeks) but also can make it obvious I'm pregnant if I want.

Also, announcing at 8 weeks seems risky. Other sources say she's due in Feb which would put her at 15-16 weeks. My bump was definitely fluctuating in size at that point!

But that's just my two cents.
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

I'm not even pregnant. I can show a bump. But I guess it's a 4 year old baby bump. LOL
      Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Maybe she is adopting and doesn't want anyone to know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
          Maybe she is adopting and doesn't want anyone to know?

That would actually make me very sad - the fact that she will then come across as believing that adoption is less desirable than carrying/giving birth to a biological child. Why hide if your adopting, especially if you're a celeb?
          Jen
          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

There is a picture of her in a bikini clearly more than eight weeks pregnant. The whole fake bump thing is ridiculous.
            Last edited by Chrisada; 09-08-2011, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisada View Post
              There is a picture of her in a bikini clearly more than eight weeks pregnant. The whole fake bump thing is ridiculous.
              Seriously, people are so vicious! Just leave them alone!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
              Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Everyone looks so different while pregnant. I'm pretty sure I was showing shortly after conception.

Comment

So true! I just look like I've been eating too many cheeseburgers until 20+ weeks...
                  Laurie
                  My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by GreyhoundsRUs View Post
                    That would actually make me very sad - the fact that she will then come across as believing that adoption is less desirable than carrying/giving birth to a biological child. Why hide if your adopting, especially if you're a celeb?
                    That isn't what I was thinking .... I was imagining her wanting private time with baby while still "pg" and then showing off baby. Also I think celebs have so little privacy that they might feel that if the world know, they. Lose control of if/when to tell their child. I might be overthinking. Maybe she's just plumper up a little. Hell, I still look pregnant. :/

Comment

Freaking iPhone autocorrect.

Comment

I always looked way more pregnant in the pm than I did in the am when I was preggers. I saw the bikini pic too -- she def looks pregnant! Yeah for her! (Boo for making it look completely normal that one should look good in a bikini WHILE PREGNANT!)

Comment

Originally posted by WillowWife View Post
                          I always looked way more pregnant in the pm than I did in the am when I was preggers. I saw the bikini pic too -- she def looks pregnant! Yeah for her! (Boo for making it look completely normal that one should look good in a bikini WHILE PREGNANT!)
                          I'm more of an AM pregnant woman
                          Jen
                          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

If there's any faking going on, I don't get it. However, if done to keep things personal and to themselves for a bit, I could totally wrap my head around that. Everyone wants a little privacy when it comes to their kids.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyhoundsRUs View Post
                              I'm more of an AM pregnant woman
                              Really? That's fascinating. I feel like the bump is half of it's evening size every morning. Until 3 weeks ago, I could completely hide it even from people who knew me well.
                              Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                              Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Working...
                              X