Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Audiobooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audiobooks

Where do you get them? Do you subscribe to a site? Rent from library? I would only want mp3 files that I could download to my iPhone for longer road trips and then stream when I'm at the gym or on a walk with the dog or whatever. Road trips in usually out in BFE for part of it so I would need an actual download. I can't use my cars speaker system bc that's for the DVDs for the kids for long trips. And if I have to listen to the dialog from "the princess diaries" or "freaky Friday" one more time I just might pop a vein.
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

I borrow them from the library. I used to be able to just do it all online, but I use my DH's old Iphone and its cranky so I get the CD's from the library, import them into my itunes and then put them on the IPhone. I just go to my library's site online, reserve what I want and when its there, I walk in, grab it off the holds self pick up shelf and check out. Before, when I jut had my regular ipod I just used the electronic library and was able to use overdrive to put it straight onto my Ipod.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

I use Overdrive on my iPod (well, un-activated iPhone) to borrow them from the library. They download and then I can listen anywhere. I'm currently listening to Jack Kerouac's On the Road, and I'm on the hold list for Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (love Jim Dale!) and for The Help. I'm just really now getting into them, but I am falling in love -- for example, I don't think I'd ever have gotten through Kerouac without someone reading it to me, but it's turning out to be even better than knitting podcasts for keeping me motivated through after-bedtime cleaning!
      Alison

Comment

Overdrive here too. Love the library!
        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

The library - absolutely!

I do a mix of importing CDs into iTunes and borrowing the digital copy. My only beef with the digital copy is that you can't renew it - it disappears once your check out time is up.
          Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Overdrive lover here as well!

Comment

I love overdrive as well.

If you use a standard MP3 player the overdrive files stay on the player until you delete them.
              Kris

Comment

We use the library but also are using audiobooks.com through amazon. I love it for me and my kids. We use it all the time.
                Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Love Overdrive!!!
                  I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Thanks for the tips! We're getting ready to plan the trip west.

Jenn

Comment

I use audible.com. I get a book a month on their membership. I'll have to check out overdrive...
                      -Ladybug

Comment

Working...
                      X