Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Chalk Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chalk Paint

Not chalkboard paint, the kind you can use on furniture and seal with wax instead of priming/sanding.

I'm getting an old dresser from my mom for the baby's room. It's an Oak Basset that is varnished and I'm not up for sanding that crap down, especially while pregnant.

A friend of mine made her own chalk paint and I was impressed with the finish on a similar piece of furniture to the dresser. However I've heard the wax can be problematic. Anybody used it? Should I use a regular poly finish instead of the wax?
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Did you consult YHL???

Wife of a PGY-4 Orthopod
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

They don't do a lot of chalk paint. They had a post about the Annie Sloan stuff, but I think they used the wax and it was a small item.
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

They said they don't really think Chalk Paint is worth the work in their opinion. I have no knowledge or thoughts, I'm just parroting YHL...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

I'm going to try it this weekend! I'm making my own with calcium carbonate and going for this look on a dresser for Baby J's room:

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/79094537179988665/

Wish me luck!

Comment

My cousin just posted several chalk paint furniture projects on Facebook. Do you want me to ask her about her experience?

Angie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Sure!

Comment

This is what she's posted on FB. I asked her for any tips. Sounds like it's a learning process given the posts from her friends on the image so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                Attached Files
                Angie
                Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite

Comment

Very pretty

Comment

Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. I want to make a fun table for the kids that isn't an eyesore. Post your tips when you're done!

Comment

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390279185.624232.jpg

TADA!

My next victim:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390279214.563618.jpg

Comment

Gorgeous!

Angie
                        Angie

Comment

You did a great job. Looks fantastic!

Comment

Love!
                            Veronica
                            Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Beautiful!
                              Laurie
                              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Working...
                              X