Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

David Blaine - what do you all think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Blaine - what do you all think

I work about 4 blocks away from Lincoln Center and saw tons of people visiting him everyday. At first I thought it was the silliest thing a person could do but when I watched him last night try to pull off beating the world record, I was totally rooting for him. Dh and I tried to hold our breathes along with him (I know how silly ) but I lasted only 48 seconds and Dh went for a 1m 18s so I am totally impressed with how far David took his body to the extreme. I was also touched when he cried…gosh, I can be so sappy sometimes.
    Danielle
    Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

He should stick to magic. I really don't care about his stupid feats of strenth or will.

Comment

I think that Americans need to read more...

Of course, we've always been fascinated with magicians.

Interesting sidenote, Harry Houdini was a friend of my great-grand-father and would have dinner at their house whenever he was in Pittsburgh.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by dayisme

He should stick to magic. I really don't care about his stupid feats of strenth or will.
        Agreed. I also stopped by to see him in the bubble, but was bored after about 30 seconds and couldn't understand the huge crowd around him.

Comment

not too terribly interested, although I did watch the special when he was frozen in the block of ice. it's kind of like a train wreck, hard to look away. i'm sure I would have rooted for him, too (just not the type to root against him), but have no particular interest.

as long as he's not getting federal grants to do these "stunts", I guess it's fine with me. if someone out there is dumb enough to foot the bill, he can do what he wants.

Comment

Well, I'm glad he didn't die.
            Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

As usual, Americans continue to be fascinated by what stupid people do...(I naturally include myself in this group, although I didn't follow this doh-doh bird...)

Comment

Yesterday I was walking down the street near our apartment and all of a sudden 5 police cars pulled up to a car to block it in. Behind them, 2 more unmarked cars pulled up. About 14 policemen got out of their cars and drew their guns. They yanked the kids out of the car that they blocked in, searched and handcuffed them while they were lying on top the hood of the car. Out of the trunk they pulled out at least 50 t-shirts and baseball caps. One couldn't help but stand and watch.

We're all voyeurs; I guess it's part of human nature to stand and watch. David Blaine is a good example of this.
                married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
                X