Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Diana, A Celebration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diana, A Celebration

Cool. There was a woman in Richmond (who shopped at the plant shop I worked at )who had one of Pricess Diana's gowns and had planted a whole rosegarden with Princess Diana roses. Tell DH he's getting off easy 8)

eta, we went to the Jackie Kennedy exhibit a few years ago at the JFK Presidental Library/Museum and LOVED it. My MIL and I actually had girly bonding time looking at her gowns and stuff.

My MIL and SIL went to this and raved about it.

Dayton, Go figure.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

enjoy! I'll admit to having the "Diana thing" too. I think it goes to our age .. she really was our fairytale princess, and seemed so present b/c we saw her picture all of the time. I was truly sad when she died (alarmingly so, to be honest), and I would probably try to catch the exhibit if it were near me.

Comment

There was some kind of exhibit of some of her gowns when we lived in San Antonio, and I went. I have always had a "thing" about her too, and remember clearly seeing the news reports, first of her accident, and then that she was dead. Actually, I am pretty sure I got pregnant with DS #2 that same weekend (TMI, I know).

I remember getting up early to watch her wedding......she was so beautiful. <sigh>

Enjoy yourself, Laura!

Sally
        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Originally posted by mommax3
          I remember getting up early to watch her wedding......she was so beautiful. <sigh>
          me too! I was like 8 years old. And I remember when William was born. Specifically I remember looking at the cover of a book in a store w/a pic of the 3 of them on it, thinking "that is one ugly baby, but look at that amazing sapphire ring!"

He turned out not to be such an ugly baby ...

Comment

Laura - you never posted about how the exhibit was. I'd love to hear what you thought.

I always get nostalgic as the anniversary of her death creeps up. She died shortly after my mom did, and v. close to Mother Teresa's death. My cousins and I joked that if Barbra Streisand bit it, we'd know my mom was picking out people to chat with in the great beyond. It was too suspicious.

(We're the sick humor folks, BTW) :!

Comment

Sounds cool. I'd love to know what he scratched out, since he did pretty much pull out all the stops in what he DID deliver publicly. I've got mixed feelings on the Earl, though. It does seem that he's pretty much profiting from his sister's death, and hasn't (openly, at least) been all that involved with the boys as he pledged to be.

"Goodbye England's Rose" would have pushed me over the edge, too. I get misty when I hear "Goodbye Norma Jean" b/c I automatically switch it in my head.

Comment

Working...
              X