Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Tori Spelling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tori Spelling

Does anyone else think that this whole ordeal is just unbelievable and rediculous? Didn't Tori and her dad get along pretty well?? Why is she only getting 1/500th of the estate?? Do you think her mom did it? I feel bad for the poor girl... even if I do find her rather annoying. I'd be pissed if I were her and I think she has handled it in a very classy way so far...

I disagree. Why is she talking in public about it in the first place? Isn't that a golden rule, "Don't talk about money in public"? Furthermore, I HATE, HATE, HATE entitlement. I cannot stand people that think that they are entitled to something that THEY did NOT earn. (Is that the republican coming out in me or what? ) My parents have in their will that if any of us contest the will, that our portion goes to charity. :!
    Wife to a Urologist. Mom to DD 15, DD 12, DD 2, and DD 1!
    Native Jayhawk, paroled from GA... settling in Minnesota!

Comment

Also, given the figures that have been thrown around, even with 1/500 of the estate she is still stands to inherit 3 million dollars. Not bad for being born.
      Wife to a Urologist. Mom to DD 15, DD 12, DD 2, and DD 1!
      Native Jayhawk, paroled from GA... settling in Minnesota!

Comment

Well, if I were her, I'd be miffed. I'm not sure how much he's worth - I think it was 500 million. She's only going to get between 800-900K. (Only is a VERY loose term here...haha.) :>

Comment

I think I'd like 3 mill for just having existed. Although I'm sure my dad will hold back the amount of my college education as it started out listed in the Top 50 Bargain private schools and they then started increasing tuition at least 15% every year. I started school with 8k including everything and ended at 24k for tuition alone! Poor (and poor) dad.

I don't think anyone needs to discuss the terms of people's wills. along the same lines, my dad is the executor for his friend. His friend left his estate to three places- his college, his law school and his church. 15%, 15% and 70% in that order. Everything is all wrapped up in probate and it's taking a while. (or course) So this past week my dad got a letter from the lawyer of the church saying "we want a copy of the will because we think we're entitled to X amount of money and we want to make sure we get it." Nice, huh? The funny part is that 1) they didn't know about the 30% going to his schools and 2) the DC market has tanked to the point where his house is not going to get the cool 1 million the church thinks it is. (for a townhouse off Massachusetts Ave aka Embassy Row, backing up to Rock Creek Park. It's still a possibility but...the place also needs a lot of work. 60 year old bachelors don't typically have top of the line kitchens...)

Jenn

Comment

I think the whole thing is very unfortunate and AVOIDABLE. Good grief. Tori should get what Mr. Spelling said she should....her mom should respect his wishes and Tori should STOP talking about it.

The money is (hopefully) NOT the issue -- it's that the mother somehow interfered and doesn't want Tori to have what Daddy wanted her to have. What's the status with the son??? Is anyone talking about that?

It's a doomed situation.

I think if Mr. Spelling wanted the whole estate to go to the Humane Society then GOOD FOR HIM. It's HIS money and he can do whatever he wants with it. I also don't tolerate "entitlement" very well.
            Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

I wonder what is what -- it is his money, but isn't some of it jointly held? And in his wife's name? Their situation might be different with businesses he owned and such, but usually the surviving spouse inherits most of the estate, I would think. So what is so strange about her mother having most everything? If Tori was part owner of something then she should still have that or if her dad wanted her to take over a business, he could have given it to her. But getting money just because he died?

Her dad's wife is her mother, right? This isn't an evil stepmother sort of situation?

My parents have in their will that if any of us contest the will, that our portion goes to charity.
              :> I love that. What a great idea.

So this past week my dad got a letter from the lawyer of the church saying "we want a copy of the will because we think we're entitled to X amount of money and we want to make sure we get it."
              From all of our fun experience lately, everyone wants a copy! I think it is reasonable for them to ask for the documentation but not because they think they should be getting more. People can be such wankers about money.

Comment

Working...
              X