Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Ryan and Reese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan and Reese

I was really sad about this. I really thought they would last!! They made such a cute couple.

http://www.tmz.com/2006/11/01/no-prenup ... ppe-split/

I agree, I really thought they would last.... :thud:

Comment

I was too - I really thought they were a good couple.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I can't access that tmz link from work but I've heard Ryan had an affair with a waitress while he was filming the movie that is out now (the one about WWII - can't think of the name). Now whether the affair is what ended it or if the marriage was already over by that point is hard to say.

Supposedly they were at his movie premier a few weekends ago and had on happy faces...
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

repost

Comment

I read that she found his Blackberry that he had left in the bathroom and read steamy emails exchanged between him and his Australian co-star. He left to shoot some scenes abroad hoping she would cool down and they could discuss things but when he came back, she wouldn't let him back in the house.

Here's another article I read about some of the signs.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,226399,00.html

Very very sad. I feel so bad for Reese.

Comment

I also remember reading an interview with them that said that they almost called it quits between children and that they've spent a LOT of time in couples therapy.

Jenn

Comment

I thought they'd last too. They did make an adorable couple.

Comment

poor reese...why is it that the women always end up getting screwed?

Comment

Originally posted by CityChic919
                    poor reese...why is it that the women always end up getting screwed?
                    because most guys are dogs!

Comment

That's sad. I also thought they'd last. I remember reading an interview with her and she said that relationships are hard work and she's not going to lie about having been in couple's therapy. I guess that didn't help much in the end.
                      Cristina
                      IM PGY-2

Comment

I'm not saying Ryan did have an affair, but that would be a deal breaker for me. I doubt there would be much discussion about our relationship and I would fast forward to how we could parent as a team and yet still be divorced.

Why couldn't he just get divorced BEFORE he sent romantic messages to someone else??? (again this is not proven -- but if he DID)

What's so hard about that? Now if I see the movie I will be mentally shaking my finger at him the whole time.
                        Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

I read the same: affair, Austrailan co-star. My guess is he was having a hard time living the shadow of an Oscar winner and decided to hurt her the way his pride had been hurt.

But I'm no shrink. It is too bad, though. Especially b/c it always seemed that they TRIED to remain as normal as possible in the middle of all of the hoopla.

Comment

As I was walking from the bathroom back to my cube yesterday, I heard the following from one of the cubes I was passing, "OMG Krista, Ryan confirmed his affair with the ugly girl!" I just thought that was hysterical.

We have somewhat distant relations by marriage to an actor who lives in NY. MIL is friendly with his MIL, and recently said that he was offered some very lucrative deal in LA but his wife wouldn't let him go there for these exact reasons (partying, hot young co-stars, etc). Although with Ryan and Reese (as with Chad and Hillary), I think a lot of it was also due to the wife being a lot more sucessful than the husband.

Comment

The relationships of 5 of the last 8 Oscar winners (best actress) ended w/in a year of the win (according to the article I read).

Comment

Working...
                              X