Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

CMA's and faith hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMA's and faith hill

anyone watch last night? im not a country music fan...altho i do like some.

i did not watch it, but there is stuff all over the internet today about how faith hill freaked out when american idol carrie underwood won the best female award.

here is the clip. kinda funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_P-aYADTkw

and the article

Faith Hill Says CMA Freakout Was a Joke

The Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Faith Hill insists she's no Kanye West. The country music superstar says she was just joking when cameras showed her screaming "WHAT?" in apparent anger when she lost the female vocalist of the year award to newcomer Carrie Underwood at the Country Music Association Awards on Monday night in Nashville.

"The idea that I would act disrespectful towards a fellow musician is unimaginable to me," Hill said in a statement. "For this to become a focus of attention given the talent gathered is utterly ridiculous. Carrie is a talented and deserving Female Vocalist of The Year."

Media outlets and blogs zeroed in on Hill's reaction after Underwood's name was announced at the ceremony. While other nominees — Sara Evans, Gretchen Wilson, Martina McBride — gave the typical gracious loser smile, Hill, who was standing backstage, turned to the camera and shouted "WHAT?"

Although her voice could not be heard, it was clear from her lips what she said. She looked visibly upset and then it looked as if she was storming off. The incident has been replayed endlessly on sites like YouTube.com.

However, Hill said it was all a joke, and her manager, Gary Borman, echoed that: "I've worked with Faith for many years now and the idea that she would ever insult or undermine another artist, let alone another human being's success is absolutely preposterous. Those who know her know that she's incapable of such actions," he said in a statement.

"She was being playful while the nominations were being read and playful after."

Underwood also didn't take it seriously, according to her publicist, Jessie Schmidt, who said that Hill spoke to Underwood after the show and that the two were fine.

Underwood, the 2005 "American Idol" champ, has become a triple platinum success since releasing her debut album late last year. Hill is a longtime darling of country music with crossover pop appeal.

This is the second time in less than a week that an awards show loss has resulted in an (apparent) on-camera freakout by a loser.

Last week, Kanye West stormed the stage at the MTV Europe Music Awards and interrupted the speech of the winners, claiming his video deserved the honor
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Ok, she TOTALLY looks like she's joking - you've got to be kidding me.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Um, I would have taken it seriously. No sore losers allowed!

Comment

Right. Totally joking.

Comment

yah she looks pisssssssssssed!

Comment

i thought it was a joke - not a great idea, but a joke nonetheless. she was acting goofy when they were announcing people and probably figured she wasn't going to get it. poor taste (to steal thunder from the newbie) but not world-ending as some folks are making it out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by FutureRN
              I didn't see it in context, I only saw the YouTube clip. I don't find it to be some world-ending event but I do find it disappointing, especially coming from someone who seems so wholesome.
              I agree with you completely.

Comment

I didn't see it in context. I totally respect the opinion of those of you that did - so she was probably joking. Still, in the clip, I think it's more amusing that she throws her hand up in victory first....then says the "What!" to the camera. That makes it look more real than joke. I suppose if she knew she wasn't getting it, she could have just been in full joke mode. ITA agree -- not classy during someone else's big moment.
                Angie
                Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

posted on leanne rimes website

"Okay, I usually keep quiet on topics like this but I feel I need to stand up for my friend, Faith. She was just being honest and emotional like every other person sitting at home with an opinion. These awards shows are SO political and we all get fed up with them. We all work very hard and have for many years so to see someone come in and win Female Vocalist that has been here for a VERY short time, is a little disheartening. That is why we have the Horizon award and Carrie had an incredible year, enough to sweep that one. I don't think Faith was angry about her loss, she probably felt, as I did that Carrie has not paid her dues long enough to fully deserve that award. As artists and public figures, we have to keep our feelings so repressed so we don't get called ungrateful as Faith has on this board many times now. She is a very sweet and gracious woman, whom I adore. Please cut her some slack!"
                  ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

"I don't think Faith was angry about her loss, she probably felt, as I did, that Carrie has not paid her dues long enough to fully deserve that award."
                    Damn, that was harsh. It's vocalist of the YEAR not a freakin' lifetime acheivement award. Why don't you cut Carrie Underwood some slack. Geesh.

Comment

Kind of gets to the point that the award shows are pretty much just a way to celebrate themselves. (Buy a fancy outfit, and get bragging rights for a year.) I don't watch any of them.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by jloreine
                        Kind of gets to the point that the award shows are pretty much just a way to celebrate themselves. (Buy a fancy outfit, and get bragging rights for a year.) I don't watch any of them.

Jenn
                        Is that everyday for a celebrity? Expensive clothes, celebrating themselves? I mean, that is where the word celebrity comes from - CELEBR-ity, CELEBR-ate. Blech.

(But I still check People.com every day. I'm a hypocrite.)

Comment

Working...
                        X