Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fantasy Celebrity League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Celebrity League

Who wants to play?

For those of you that haven't heard of this its just like fantasy sports except you get points for stars being in magazines. I have found one website that is currently free where we could set up our own private league.

We each draft a "team" and then get points as follows:
    PEOPLE

Cover ------------------------> 5
    Inset ------------------------> 3
    Normal page ------------------> 1
    Chatter ----------------------> 2
    Puzzler ----------------------> 2
    Winner's Circle --------------> 3

US WEEKLY

Normal page ------------------> 1
    Red carpet -------------------> 2
    Who wore it best -------------> 2
    Who wore it worst ------------> (-2)
    Just like us -----------------> 2
    Loose talk -------------------> 2
    Star Style -------------------> 3
    Look of the week -------------> 3
    Fashion police ---------------> (-3)

IN TOUCH

Normal Page ------------------> 1
    Last Words -------------------> 2
    Stars are real too -----------> 2
    Steal that style -------------> 3
    Who wore it better -----------> 2
    Who wore it worse ------------> (-2)
    Photo Fun --------------------> 2
    Relax Crossword --------------> 2

STAR

Normal Page ------------------> 1
    Stars are Normal -------------> 2
    Stars Not Normal -------------> (-2)
    Worst of the Week ------------> (-3)
    Overheard --------------------> 2
    Star Style -------------------> 3
    Style and Error Winner -------> 2
    Style and Error Unthinkable --> (-2)

The website takes care of all the tabulations - all we have to do is draft and then play. This is the website we would use: Tabloid Fantasy League

Let me know if you're interested - I know we all need something else to feed our celebrity obsession.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

uhhh....call me stupid, but i dont understand it.
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Ok, so we each create a team. We each have a team in the league (like a professional sports team). I'm not sure how the draft works on this site, usually there are two options. 1)We have a live draft in that we all log on on a certain time and draft like a professional sports draft -or- 2)We all rank our "players" and computer drafts.

Once we all have a team we get points for them showing up in the star tabloids, as listed in the first post - you can trade stars, drop stars, add stars throughout the season. At the end of the season whoever's stars are in the magazines the most win.

Clear as mud right?

So - so far I have:
      Cheri
      Annie

Who else?

Comment

Very cool!
        I'm up for it.

(maybe all my perusing of the gossip sites will come to some use)

Comment

I'm SO in!

Comment

The website does everything for us - we don't have to buy a thing.

IN:
            Cheri
            Annie
            Stellava

Comment

I'll play! This does nothing to feed the "dawkter's wife" perception, right?? It will be fun to turn the tables on dh. Whenever he's in fantasy football or baseball he watches SportsCenter and shouts out periodic "YES!"es followed by "He's on my fantasty team" (as though that had a damn thing to do with anything). Now I can do it over girly magazines, which will annoy the heck out of him.

Comment

I'm in too. Now I have to go read up on the latest gossip.
                Cristina
                IM PGY-2

Comment

Originally posted by jesher
                  I'll play! This does nothing to feed the "dawkter's wife" perception, right?? It will be fun to turn the tables on dh. Whenever he's in fantasy football or baseball he watches SportsCenter and shouts out periodic "YES!"es followed by "He's on my fantasty team" (as though that had a damn thing to do with anything). Now I can do it over girly magazines, which will annoy the heck out of him.
                  That's exactly what I was thinking!

Comment

Originally posted by ladybug
                    and Leyla. We're going to have to watch out for her. She's all business with the celebrity gozz.

I bet Suwanne will play.
                    I'm not as bad as I was earlier this year when I wasn't working. I would seriously spend at least an hour every day looking at all the gossip sites and magazines back then.

Comment

Ok, when I get home tonight I'll set up the team and then post the information here - anyone who wants to play can - fun, fun!

Comment

I think I kind of get it. Count me in! As long as I don't have to buy any mags or track my chosen celebrites myself, it sound's like a blast!
                        I think we will all fight over Britney.
                        :>

Comment

Count me in...I need another form of procrastination
                          Danielle
                          Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Ok ladies - I thought I had found a good website to run this for us but it is a piece of junk - so I'm going to run this myself. It'll give me something to do. 8)

So the first thing we have to do is draft. In order to draft fairly everyone that wants to play has to sign up by a set time. We'll play for like four weeks at a time, so if you don't sign up to play this first round you can play next month as well.

So if you want to play, sign up here by Sunday at 10pm CT.

So far I have:
                            Cheri
                            ladybug
                            leyla
                            FutureRN
                            stellava
                            jesher
                            MissCrabette
                            Kozmo
                            LDRO
                            Momof4

Comment

Just to clarify - here are the basic rules, we'll tweak them as we go along.

- Each player will "draft" six celebrities.
                              - Draft will be handled with a random draw for order and then every other round will go backwards. Example: if you are drawn for the first pick in the first round, you will have the last pick in the second round, first in third, last in fourth, etc.
                              - Draft order will be determined and posted after deadline of 10pm CT Sunday.
                              - By Tuesday 10pm CT each player needs to submit a ranked list of celebrities to me.
                              - I will then conduct the draft and post everyone's teams (I think this is easier than us doing it online - if anyone disagrees please let me know).
                              - Points will start accumulating with the 11/24 editions of People/US Weekly/In Touch/Star
                              - With each week I will post point summaries for each team and rank teams.

Ok, what questions do you have? I'm sure I'm forgetting something - I've played Fantasy Football for years so that is where I'm basing this from.

8)

Comment

Working...
                              X