Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Clickinmoms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clickinmoms?

I remember we have some other clickinmoms on this site. Has anyone else tKen the RYC 101 class? I'm starting this week.
    -Ladybug

Out of curiosity, what is a clickinmom?
    Tara
    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

http://www.clickinmoms.com/

I'm attempting to come off autofocus with rock your camera 101 class. I think Ameins originally mentioned the site when we were discussing photography sites.
      -Ladybug

Comment

I'm on it, but haven't taken any classes. Still in the market for a DSLR camera.

Comment

Ooo...get one of the new Canon Rebels. HD Video with high enough quality for a professional production. Just sayin'
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I'll check out the link. I took a class from a local photographer and learned some stuff. My biggest issue is that when I'm taking pictures, I don't want to risk crappy pictures and missing "the moment" b/c I'm messing w/the settings. I've got to get over myself, I know.

Marissa - do you have a suggestion for a good, multi-purpose lens? I love my 50mm, I've got a zoom, and my kit lens, but I want something more "all purpose" for our upcoming trip. I don't want to be switching out all the time.

Comment

Sooner Texan. . . how much $$$$ would that set me back? LOL.

Comment

The newest rebel can be had for around $500/$700, I believe. amazon sells them.

Comment

Oh, that's WAY better than I thought. I saw a Canon DSLR at Costco that was on special for $1200 yesterday. . . I don't know which one though.

Comment

Keep in mind that the Costco one comes with TWO lenses and a few other goodies. It may not be the absolute best price you can find (I wouldn't know since I'm not in the market for a new dSLR), but it's not a bad deal, either.

ETA: I believe you're both talking about the Canon EOS Rebel T2i.

ETA again: One extra lens may not sound like much, but I believe one of them sells for $500 or so. Again, check your prices.
                    Last edited by MissCrabette; 02-23-2011, 05:01 PM.
                    Cristina
                    IM PGY-2

Comment

I signed up at the site, but haven't checked it out too much yet. I got a Canon Rebel T2i in December and I'm still just playing around with it. I got the lens that came with it because it was only an extra $100, I figured it would be good to learn on. I'm dying to get a macro lens but need to learn basics first!

Ladybug, keep us posted about your class. Looking forward to hearing about it. Are you taking the full participation?

Comment

Originally posted by MissCrabette View Post
                        Keep in mind that the Costco one comes with TWO lenses and a few other goodies. It may not be the absolute best price you can find (I wouldn't know since I'm not in the market for a new dSLR), but it's not a bad deal, either.

ETA: I believe you're both talking about the Canon EOS Rebel T2i.

ETA again: One extra lens may not sound like much, but I believe one of them sells for $500 or so. Again, check your prices.
                        Oh, good to know! Thanks

Comment

Marissa - do you have a suggestion for a good, multi-purpose lens? I love my 50mm, I've got a zoom, and my kit lens, but I want something more "all purpose" for our upcoming trip. I don't want to be switching out all the time.
                          I'm not really the best person to ask...I suck when it comes to knowing about lenses. The go-to one for me right now was $250 used...not sure how much new. I'll post when I get home. I DEFINITELY like have the Image Stabilization--makes a big difference.

One thing I do know...don't waste your money on the "kit" lens (Lens that comes with the camera). It sucks...no other way to say it. I abandoned mine really quickly. It's worth it to spend an extra $100-150 on a different lens from the get-go. I'm just not the best person to tell you what that lens should be

I wouldn't recommend this for a vacation, but this is what I keep on my camera for the most part. The fixed-length takes a little getting used to, but it is awesome for everyday portraits. Looks like you have one already

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-50mm-1-8...8661045&sr=1-2

LemonPie--This is what I would recommend:

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-T1i-Digi...8660945&sr=8-3

There isn't enough of a difference between the T2i and the T1i to justify the cost difference. You could even go for an older model if you don't care about HD Video. Personally, I think HD Video is awesome and worth it, though. It's pro quality for sure. Definitely stick with Canon or Nikon. Personally, I'm a Canon fan, but there is nothing wrong with Nikon...the other brands. Nope. Sony, etc. are NOT a good DSLR choice...don't let anyone try and talk you into it.

Costco usually has DSLRs are really good prices. Again...just get the camera body.
                          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I have the T1i (for reference for Lemon Pie), and my professional photographer said the same as Marissa when I asked her to look at the two options when I was purchasing.

Marissa - I look foward to hearing which one you use most. I'm happy to buy used, and was looking on amazon the other day.

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-18-200mm...8671269&sr=8-1

I'm pretty sure this is it.

Comment

Working...
                              X