Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What's next??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's next??

So, you take some pictures with your camera...

What do you do next with them?

I have been (this is all going to be changing in the next couple months for me):
    Importing to iPhoto
    Delete blurry, otherwise obviously bad ones
    "Flag" my favorites
    Then it depends if they are pics for myself or not...

For someone else:
    Drag all flagged pics into Photoshop for some basic editing (to the best of my ability)
    Burn to disk

For me:
    Upload flagged to Facebook
    Send flagged to be printed
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

I haven't done it in the last year with it being the wedding year and all, but I have made a yearly photo album with my pictures. I keep them all in a folder by year and then go through each event and pick my favorite pictures and then make one album on shutterfly or another online album making site. I have about four years worth sitting on my bookshelf right now. I rarely ever actually print photos.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

- Download to my computer
      - Move folder to My Pictures > [Year] > [Month] folder and rename it to format YYYYMMDD_Description
      - Delete blurry pictures and duplicates (or really close)
      - Photoshop any that need work
      - Pick my favorites and put into a Temp folder to load to Facebook (Sometimes if I just have a few, I'll wait until I have my next batch to load them.)
      - Load all pictures to Snapfish

Oh yeah, L.Jane, that reminds me! As I have time, I create my photo albums with Blurb. I'm so far behind, though.
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I work primarily with RAW files so my process may have an extra step or two that others don't have

- Download all RAW files to external HD and computer HD (second destination serves as backup and will eventually be erased once entire process detailed below is complete)
        - Import all files into Aperture
        - Rate images with either 3- or 5-star rating, or leave unrated (unrated images are ones that don't make the final cut)
        - Do basic edits on images rated 3-star and up including color correction, exposure, levels, cropping/straightening, etc
        - Export all images that made the final cut as JPGs onto the external HD
        - Photos that need further detailed editing or B&W conversion get opened in Photoshop -- resulting files are saved as (filename).psd and as (filename)_ed.jpg. Original file (filename).jpg and photoshop file (filename).psd are moved to subfolder.
        - All images (RAW, JPGs, and PSDs) are burned to DVD as backup (subsequently the RAW files on computer HD are deleted)
        - Final edited jpgs are uploaded to whatever online gallery they need to be uploaded to
        Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Working...
        X