Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Worldwide Photo Walk Oct 13th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worldwide Photo Walk Oct 13th

Anyone else heard of this? http://worldwidephotowalk.com/

There's this great photographer named Scott Kelby (he wrote the book on photoshop, literally, and he has tons of teaching videos/articles/etc floating around on the web) who started a worldwide photo walk 5 years ago which is pretty much exactly what it sounds like -- people get together in cities all over the world on a designated day (Saturday, Oct 13th this year) and just walk around the city and take photos together. I've never done one before but I just signed up to do the walk in my city this year. It sounds like a great way to meet other photographers in the city and just spend a fun couple of hours shooting whatever catches your eye. There are nearly 23,000 people signed up for this year's walks in 1200 locations around the world. Each walk is about 2 hours long and limited to 50 people, and it's open to all experience levels (though most people come with a dSLR I think). Anyway, I'm pretty excited about it, if for no other reason that to meet other picture takers in the area. Should be fun!
    Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Dh is doing it here! He loves it, and the leader is apparently someone whose work he admires. So he's all googly-eyed.
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

He did one in SF when we lived there, and had a great time.

Comment

I just signed up for ours with a few of my photo friends
        Jen
        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

GRU, did you go yesterday??

Alison, did your DH go?

Ours was a lot of fun! It was downtown and I'm am not a street photographer by any stretch of the imagination, so I was a bit out of my element the whole morning but it was nice to just walk around and shoot. I think I spent half the morning explaining to bystanders why the heck 30+ photographers were wandering around shooting everything . But I met some really nice folks, many of whom are in a local camera club and invited me to join so I think I'm going to go to their next meeting and see what it's all about. I googled a few people I met after the walk and there are some *very* talented photographers in our group so I'm under no illusion that I might win our competition, but choosing just one photo to submit is really hard! I got it down to 7, then to 4, and now I'm down to 2. Eeny meeny miny mo...
          Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Didn't go. Pouring rain, power out There's always next year, right?
            Jen
            Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Dh didn't go! It was pouring here, too, and the walk took place on a ferry.

Comment

Aw bummer! We're having the opposite problem -- I finally had to pull out my sprinkler this morning because it's been so long since it's rained here.

Comment

Holy shit I won!!!!!!!! I never win anything!!

I won best picture for my city, which means I get a copy of Scott Kelby's Lightroom 4 book and am entered into the grand prize contest (I'll be one of about 1000 entries so I'm not exactly holding my breath for that one, haha).

Here's a copy of the picture I submitted in case y'all are curious (I think you can click on it to make it bigger).

UrbanJungleGym.jpg

So freaking cool!!

Comment

Awesome! Congratulations! I love the photo.

Comment

Awesome. Love the texture and composure and the unexpected fur ball
                      Jen

Comment

That is awesome, as is the pic! Huge congratulations!!
                        Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Yay - very cool pic!
                          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Congrats! That is so cool! Tell us more about the pic -- where and how you took it, and if you did any editing?
                            Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Awesome! Great photo!
                              I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Working...
                              X