Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Wanna do a '13 project 52?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna do a '13 project 52?

Anyone interested in doing an iMSN project 52? It's a weekly photographic assignment. I can look around for some theme formats and select a "focus" to practice each month. We can start January with nailing focus in various light settings. I've signed up of 52s on CM mom but never followed through. I think the emotional connections I have here with the photogs and cute subjects would encourage me to stick with it. I've really fallen off the photog wagon the past year or and want to get back into the swing of things.

I can also add some beginner tutorials for the topics and work through in a beginners subject order so that newbies can play along too and pick up some photog skills. We can share the best tutorials we've found regarding the specific topic. You will need a DSLR for this project. A DSLR is a camera with a detachable lens, ie canon rebel.

Respond if you're interest and give me your experience level so I can customize the P52.

We can also do another iphone P52 with fun subject themes. All the photos from either project can be dropped into a great family photo book for 2012.

Admin can tell us the best way to post photos using the least amount of space.

Wanna play?
    -Ladybug

I'd love to but to be honest I'm not sure I would be able to follow through EVERY week.

Wife to PGY3
    Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Participate when you can. Life happens.
      -Ladybug

Comment

Count me in! Great idea!
        Jen
        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

2013?

I'll try. I have a Canon Rebel T1 with an 18-55 lens that I got from Sooner Texan. I know nothing and haven't had time to read the book. I take pictures with it but it hollers at me that it's "busy" a lot. So I know I'm doing something wrong. All I do is aim and shoot.

I want to buy a distance lens for school plays and such, but I'm intimidated by the price tags with my level of inexperience.
          Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Originally posted by Michele View Post
            2013?

It takes me until about April to remember the year has changed.

We'll get you clickin your DSLR. It's a whole lotta of fun once you get the basics down. On clickinmoms you can get honest reveiws on zoom lens and people sell their used lens when the upgrade for bargin deals on there too. Once you play around a bit you'll be able to identify your needs for a new lens.
            -Ladybug

Comment

Michelle - do you use the flash? The "busy" message is usually because of that - the flash is refreshing. It could also be because of the "class" of your memory card - the lower number means a longer time to process after taking the picture.
              Jen
              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Flash.
                Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

What is the weekly time commitment on something like this?
                  Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
                    What is the weekly time commitment on something like this?
                    I'd say 1-3 hours per week depending your interest and time availability. I'll outline the technique/topics and then link some tutorials, articles and examples. Everyone can share their own links, tuts, etc. to expand the "library."

I usually spend more time shooting and trying to perfect the technique, but that will come down to time available and your degree of pathologic perfectionism It's a lot of fun and worth the investment of time IMO. I enjoy being able to get decent photos of my kids' moments.

The iphone P52 would be less time intensive. Since you can't shoot in manual so it would be more about expanding your ideas regarding content and composition. I did find some new processing apps that I downloaded today. It's on sale for the holiday (75% still) and called FX Photo Studio. The more interesting P52s I browsed had used this app. I'm curious what it can do. I guess we could do it through an instagram group.

I'll post beginner info and then some higher level challenges for those already shooting in manual.

I'm excited. This will push me to read some of the unread photog books collecting dust on my bookshelf. It feels good to be shooting again. Last year was a hard year for me. I'm looking forward to reviving some hobbies this year.
                    Last edited by Ladybug; 12-26-2012, 09:57 AM.
                    -Ladybug

Comment

Sorry, I accidentally posted that question twice. I am very interested in doing this, but am nervous with Match and new baby... although, the two kids might be great subject material... I've avoided instagram, but would be willing to do it here. Let me think about this, I have been desperate to learn for years. DH has a DSLR and PS (not sure what model/version) but I am sick of him being the only one who has the knowledge and no time to share.

Comment

Sounds fun but I guarantee there's no way I could keep up a once/wk pace for an entire year . I might hop in about once a month or so. I've never done a P52, I'd be interested to see how it works.
                        Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Perfect. Post when you can. Life happens. I'd hate for people to not commit because they can't do it every single week, especially if you're already shooting in manual.
                          Last edited by Ladybug; 12-26-2012, 10:49 AM.
                          -Ladybug

Comment

I'm in. I may have to drop some weeks, but I'd like to at least try! Thank you for setting this up.

Comment

Re: Experience level - I shoot in manual most of the time. I've taken two photography courses through our local community college. I'm looking forward to using my DSLR more - it's actually probably quicker to use than my iPhone and a lot more fun I'd love to do some HDR.
                              Jen

Comment

Working...
                              X