Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Have to leave our photog??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ill ask around.

You could always email her and ask her to keep you in the loop if she does mini sessions in the future. They're generally a good deal and it's a subtle way of telling her you can no longer afford hee
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

For that price you could fly in one of the iMSN Photographers!!!
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I've been running into that sort of pricing too. Best bet is to find someone who is starting out and wants to build her portfolio. Sometimes you can find a really talented amateur. It requires a lot of searching through.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

This sounds completely bratty but I don't want to take the risk of someone just starting out. Newborns concern me less - it's relatively formulaic and they don't move. Toddlers are HARD to get good pictures of and I don't want to go thru the agony of doing tons of shoots to get what I want.

She does do minis sometimes but is now only offering them in the fall. And it's unclear whether it will include digital images or not.
          Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
            This sounds completely bratty but I don't want to take the risk of someone just starting out. Newborns concern me less - it's relatively formulaic and they don't move. Toddlers are HARD to get good pictures of and I don't want to go thru the agony of doing tons of shoots to get what I want.

She does do minis sometimes but is now only offering them in the fall. And it's unclear whether it will include digital images or not.
            I know. So screen carefully and ask lots of questions. Did you see the latest pictures of Lambie on my Facebook page? Lots of research but I'm happy with the results and the price.

Comment

It's not bratty to not want to switch, after being present at some of my kids sessions and seeing how they acted and being AMAZED at what she got I'm so glad we had her while they were toddlers. Now they're older so it's not as big of a deal but great toddler photographers are worth their weight in gold IMO.
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Have to leave our photog??

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                I know. So screen carefully and ask lots of questions. Did you see the latest pictures of Lambie on my Facebook page? Lots of research but I'm happy with the results and the price.

LOOOOOVE those pics. She's absolutely adorable and most newborns are not nearly so cute.

Comment

I've got 2 for you so far:

http://morganhendersonphotography.co...t-information/

This one I think is moving to the East Coast and said she is in Raleigh often:

http://www.caitlinskinner.com/#/page/9a6a/investment/
                  Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                    LOOOOOVE those pics. She's absolutely adorable and most newborns are not nearly so cute.
                    Aww, thank you! I must admit that in some of the pictures she looked a little undercooked. Not the photographer's fault since the baby is actually a little undercooked. She's just so skinny. Of course, I picked the most flattering pictures for Facebook.

Comment

I love, love, love my photographs, but honestly I'm shocked at the prices! I'm surprised by all the professional portraiture people seem to get all.the.time. Have you seen FB lately?

Honestly, I splurged big time for this fall's session. Realistically, I spent about 700 once I ordered the two gallery wraps! On top of that, everyone had to have haircuts and decent clothes, so we're looking about 1k total. :embarrassed: While I'm thrilled to have this heirloom that will hang on our wall for all time, we won't do this level of photography again for at least three years. Next year will be the cheapies of just the kids from the mall (usually between 100-150). There is an enormous difference in quality, but that's the only way I will feel financially responsible. I know that your kids are young and these are the most precious moments to catch, but is there anyway you can splurge with what you love every few years and then do a more reasonable priced photographer in between? When I really, really love something, the "all or nothing" approach sort of makes me want the forbidden thing MORE. Knowing that I can have something I really want eventually sort of helps me to delay gratification.

I used to do a 3 year cycle with Disney trips. Now I'm ah...shortening the cycle lengths. LOL.
                      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Mini sessions, people, mini sessions

In reality my children and husband aren't going to last more than 30 min anyway!

Comment

I did tons of research for both of our photographers. Loved the first one but then she decided not to do family pics anymore. Last fall we had to go with someone else and while I was pleasantly surprised that she was able to get anything from our session, I won't be using her again. Both charged an arm and a leg for prints but second was more expensive. We spent over 1k (also paid for grandparents). Won't be doing this again for some time.

It would have been thousands to buy digital images from each session.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                            Mini sessions, people, mini sessions

In reality my children and husband aren't going to last more than 30 min anyway!
                            Most people won't do mini sessions on kids under 6 months and often won't do more than 1 child (ESP kids under 4). But I agree, it's a great way to go.
                            Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                            Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Really? That sucks. I've never seen restrictions like that around here.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                                Really? That sucks. I've never seen restrictions like that around here.
                                We haven't experienced those restrictions, either. Our gal offers mini sessions all the time. She has a spot for them (usually outside), and brings a few cute props.

Comment

Working...
                                X