Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Photoshop class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop class

I just started two new online photo editing classes with Damien Symond. He runs a really popular photo editing Facebook page "Ask Damien". I use Photoshop all the time at work for creating/editing images or ideas for various art mediums but OMG have I been doing it wrong. I'm only a few days into the class (which is all self-paced web modules) and I'm loving it. The best part is that the preserve I work for is paying for me to take the class because I'm creating a photo calendar for next year. Woohoo! http://www.damiensymonds.com.au/training.html

Awesome!!
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Thanks! I'd love to see some of your pictures. I really enjoy the ones ALOY and others post for their classes.
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Aw thanks [MENTION=1488]ladymoreta[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's a pic I took of a banana spider at the preserve last week. It was amazing watching her patch a hole in her web. I took a great video too.

I took this pic of an egret a while ago and was bummed I missed the tip of her wing. I'm still working on making this fix perfect but here was my first project in my ps class.

Comment

Pretty!
            Laurie
            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Wow amazing! If you don't mind me asking, how much are the classes? I'm completely self taught on PS and LR and I get good
              Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
              Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Amazing! I know Martha would love to do more editing but I'm guessing she'd need write a high spec laptop to process it all.
                Using Tapatalk

Comment

I touched it up even more. Some of my sky was on to the wing tip and cloning only gets better with practice lol.

The classes are with Damien Symond. He's an Australian graphic designer. I'm taking the layers and masks class and the levels class. The preserve I work for is having me make a photo calendar for the new year so they sponsored my membership, woot! http://www.damiensymonds.com.au/training.html

Comment

Can I share one that I did recently? I'm serving as an alumni helper for the Foundations of Composition class on ClickinMoms right now, and one of the students had a shot that was super cute, but this bench was off center. I made a couple of suggestions about what she could do in the future, and then I mentioned how she could PS it. She asked for some tips, and I decided to see what I could actually do with it, and I think it came out really well! I sort of gave up with cloning the background, since the whole point was to show her how to fix the bench and I wasn't spending that much time on it, so I know that part has some issues still.

Here's the B&A, although I cropped out the girls' faces since they're not my own kids.
                    9c.jpg
                    Last edited by alotofyarn; 07-06-2015, 07:29 PM.
                    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Very nice! There's a cb group called photographers playgroup that offers a lot of fun plays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's a before and after shot after finishing my levels class. I still have so much to learn. I posted my original edit of this photo for the instructor to review and we had a 30 post back and forth discussion about how to improve it. He doesn't sugar coat things and kind of scares me but sure knows his stuff.
                        Chris with floppyhat.jpg

Chris-with-Floppyhat.jpg

Comment

that's awesome!!

Comment

Originally posted by JustRightKelly View Post
                            Here's a before and after shot after finishing my levels class. I still have so much to learn. I posted my original edit of this photo for the instructor to review and we had a 30 post back and forth discussion about how to improve it. He doesn't sugar coat things and kind of scares me but sure knows his stuff.
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]3205[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3204[/ATTACH]
                            It's color correction I think by using fake gray card.

Comment

Working...
                            X