Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

We need a fashion forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need a fashion forum

With all this talk of shoes and what we should wear or not, I was thinking we need a fashion forum.

Anyway, I was wondering where everyone likes to buy their clothes, and if they had the means where they would love to buy their clothes.

Maternity: Gap Maternity, and if there is an awesome sale- Pea in the Pod or Japanese Weekend (I own a total of 4 from the 2 stores- I bought a shirt for $15 from JW, and another from Pea in the Pod for $20- it's a dressy shirt)

Regular clothes- Old Navy, The Gap, Banana Republic, Eddie Bauer, and J Crew, again everything is from the sale rack or I watch like a hawk when things go to my bottom line on sale, and some times I miss out because things are out of my price range.

I have lots of solids, wear a lot of black, brown, and blue. I am trying to incorporate more color into my wardrobe, as well as pattern. Two things which scare me, but I think I am slowly getting these things into my closet.

I am a typical western mommy- jeans, cotton shirt, and comfy shoes. I have days wear I will not dress quite so casual.

What about everyone else?
    Gas, and 4 kids

That will totally give the "random reader" the Stepford impression! The debate between the stillettos wearers / birks lovers is enough to lock us up over ...

Just kidding. No real opinion. I've noticed that I've been going for "punches" of color lately. I just bought a "cactus green" purse made by Puma. It's obnoxious and I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Genivieve
      That will totally give the "random reader" the Stepford impression! The debate between the stillettos wearers / birks lovers is enough to lock us up over ...

Just kidding. No real opinion. I've noticed that I've been going for "punches" of color lately. I just bought a "cactus green" purse made by Puma. It's obnoxious and I love it.
      Yeah, I guess in my pregnant state I didn't think about that. :lol

Ok, never mind.......
      Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

I love jeans - if I didn't have a job where I had to "dress up" for work I'd wear jeans everyday!

I do most of my shopping at Ann Taylor LOFT just because I don't have a lot of choices, don't get me wrong they have nice stuff but I'd like to be able to shop at J Crew, Banana, and Nordstrom. I like to shop online and I can do that with those three but for higher priced items I like to try them on first.

Once we're in attending-hood Nordstrom will be a regular. 8)
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Amiens

Ok, never mind.......
          Oh no Crystal - I could care less what others think -- not to mention we post enough about it that it's not a bad idea.

Comment

Crystal -- I love Japanese Weekend! I cruised their sale pages all the time. I also bought a few things from babystyle on sale but you have to be careful with them because you can't always return sale items. At least JW lets you exchange those.

Comment

WE'll add it to the list. I think it's great to get everyone's input on stuff.

So for me- I shop for basics like t-shirts and socks at Target, I buy my Birks online. Recently I hit the PX and got some pants- it can be totally hit or miss though- they do stock 'name brand' stuff like Clinique, Coach, Columbia, etc but they get decimated pretty frequently. Sometimes it looks like the donation piles at Goodwill.

I hate mall shopping so my other go-to place is J.Jill. and finally, if I need something that I only need to wear once or for traveling, I buy from DressBarn. I bought my entire work travel wardrobe from there because 1) there's one in every town in America and 2) I wouldn't care if my entire suitcase ended up missing. Another traveling go-to store was JCPenney because I could find inexpensive workclothes. If you're only supposed to be there for two days and you end up there for a week, you need to find suitable stuff, FAST.

Jenn

Comment

Maybe we need to expand the PT/OT to include Pet Therapy and Retail Therapy. :> I'm sure Kris will keep it in mind when she's doing the next upgrade (for spammers I think).
                Angie
                Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Re: We need a fashion forum

I was wondering where everyone likes to buy their clothes, and if they had the means where they would love to buy their clothes.
                  I shop at Marshall's a LOT. Other than that, I shop at Ross, TJ Maxx, and Lohemann's.

For "regularly" priced items, I usually hit up American Apparel, Banana, VS, Nordstrom, Anthropologie, and Target. Usually, though, it's a lot of local boutiques that are similar to Lisa Kline and Kitson.

If I had the means, I would shop everywhere, all the time.

I wouldn't describe my style as "trendy" but it has been described as... boho chic? Funky preppy? European?

Comment

Very cool idea, actually. There are so many different styles out there, it would be kind of interesting to see what is popular where.

As for myself, I'm a total cheapie. I purchase stuff where ever I can find it on a HUGE sale. (I usually won't even look at something unless it's at least marked 50% off.) I don't normally care what the brand name is or isn't, just so long as it is a style I'll wear in a color I like and fits well.

Comment

I think a fashion forum would be great, I'd also like to see something about interior design as well. I know that the "around the house" section is for that, but maybe a dedicated interior design forum could help with more discussion in that area.

As to where I shop....Old Navy, Ann Taylor, dept. stores, Banana R., Express. I also like Target, JC Penney and Sears.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
                        Crystal -- I love Japanese Weekend! I cruised their sale pages all the time. I also bought a few things from babystyle on sale but you have to be careful with them because you can't always return sale items. At least JW lets you exchange those.
                        I got a couple of things recently, and realized that when I get huge, they won't work, so I asked for an exchange, and because JW no longer had the needed size, they gave me a store credit to use.
                        Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Originally posted by Genivieve

Ok, never mind.......
                          Oh no Crystal - I could care less what others think -- not to mention we post enough about it that it's not a bad idea.

I read Stepford wife, and thought oh crap I am opening a can of worms. Don't you just love how we are able to read between the lines on the net. We could make it private.
                          Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

I saw the guy from clean sweep last night on Oprah...didn't watch the whole show, but I heard him say that we wear 20% of our clothes 80% of the time. He had a tip: hang all garments in the same direction and then after removing and wearing, when it's time to put them back in the closet, you hang it in the opposite direction, if after a few months there are items that haven't been touched, then get rid of them.

Obviously if I did this I'd have nothing but maternity clothes!

Comment

A fashion forum would be great! Usually I just wear jeans or yoga pants. I definitely need a fashion intervention. For the most part, the only stores where I can find clothes that don't need to be taken in are JCrew, BR and sometimes Nordstrom.

I have a hard time finding my size and usually end up having to shop at what DH calls the teeny bopper stores. Yes, that was me at Hollister yesterday shopping with all the 14 year olds.

Comment

Working...
                              X