Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Eye Cream - What's your fave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye Cream - What's your fave?

Eye cream is one of those extra steps in the maintenance department that I've never successfully been able to manage.

I've been using a cream I bought at the spa where I went for my 40th birthday and that seems to be pretty effective.

I don't get really puffy though- my issue is dryness more than anything.

Jenn

I was using some Oil of Olay stuff that came out via a pump mechanism, then I noticed that Target made a generic of the same stuff, so I bought it the next time and can't tell any difference b/t the two. I deal with a little bit of puffiness if I don't get enough sleep, but like Jenn, my issue is more dryness than anything, and the dryness leads to that crepey look under my eyes that I hate. So far, I have avoided (largely due to a mother who nagged whenever I was out in the sun during my teenage years) the lines around my eyes that I see on some people that are my age (and even on my younger sister!) but there are definitely signs of aging, which is what prompted me to use eye cream in the first place, starting a couple of years ago.
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

The samples I get from place to place. I use it because it makes concealer go on better. Not that I have circles under my eyes or anything.

ETA: The most recent sample I liked the most was from Caudelie (sp). The other was MD Skincare (or Formulation?). Either way, I didn't like the MD one as much.

Comment

I only started using moisturizer last year, so eye cream (while I own some) rarely goes on. That said - I remember liking Mary Kay's (I have a pink cadillac lady 3 doors down) ... but don't remember a tingling feeling.

Comment

I use the Olay stuff for my face-- and the Loreal restoring eye cream under my eyes. Since I have wrinkles, maybe I'm not the one to ask. 8) Of course, that could be the fair, thin, freckled skin thing.

I have used the Olay gel under my eyes for puffiness. That stuff is incredible. It is a cool gel that just sucks out those bags. I read that it was a high level shoplifted item; it must be good!
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Okay, I'm the youngest one in this thread and I have an eye cream that I SWEAR by already. Anyway, I've been using Clinique's All About Eyes for about 3 years or so and I am obsessed. You really couldn't draw me away...

Comment

What is eye cream????
              I really suck at doing anything routinely.
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I am a total Philosophy girl. I love their Hope in a tube eye and lip cream. Great for sensetive skin.

Comment

seriously, I am amazed at the eye cream devotees.

I slather on whatever suncreen loaded face cream I can find, coat arms and legs- forget the chest area (again) and that's it. If it takes me more than fie minutes then I'm overtaxed. (but remember, I'm a victim of the Farrah Faucett days of curling irons, hairspray, and blue eyeliner. I'm scared for life.)

I'm happy if I can remember to wear mascara on your average day.

Of course I'm married to a man who refers to make-up as "that crap you put on your lips."

Jenn

Comment

I've been a Lancome devotee for years (working near their company store definitely helps). I currently use this

http://www.lancome-usa.com/_us/_en/cata ... um-eye.htm

But they also have this product that is specifically targeted at puffyness, wrinkles and dark circles.

http://www.lancome-usa.com/_us/_en/cata ... ser-48.htm

You guys sealed your fate. Next article is definitely about skin care. I can deal with you wearing Birks if you at least use eye cream daily.

Comment

I use Aveda with Tourmanline -- it's in a green tube.
                      I received a free sample of Clinique All About Eyes recently and really like that too.
                      Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

I also use the Clinique All About Eyes, but I don't know if I would say I"m sold on it. It works for now. Eye cream is a must if I'm wearing makeup/concealer....it makes it go on soo smoothly!
                        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I have the Aveda that Flynn mentioned though I rarely use it. Dark circles under my eyes are inherited in my family and I haven't found anything that covers them and look natural.
                          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Cheri -- have you tried the light blue concealer followed by the skin tone? That has worked well for me. Estee Lauder makes something like that. Hey, you work in the mall -- you can just run and check it out!

Comment

Working...
                            X