Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Skincare/Makeup Routine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skincare/Makeup Routine

What is your skincare and/or makeup routine? Do you have one?

I'm one of those people who needs a separate closet not only for my shoes but also for my beauty products. My daily (almost) routine includes eye cream, face cream, hand cream, foot cream and body lotion. Not to mention cleanser, scrub and toner. Oh, and in the morning, there's also make-up (mascara, eye liner, shadow, powder, lip gloss at the minimum).

Comment

When I remember I wash my face with some stuff from the spa. At night time if I remember, I throw on some Avon night time anti-wrinkle stuff. In the morning if I remember that I forgot to wash my face, I wash my face with the stuff from the spa. If I remember that I did wash my face then I rinse my face with tap water. I moisturize my face, neck and chest with goop. If I remember, I slap on mascara. Because I work with paper all day I keep some Vaseline hand and nail lotion on my desk and lube up several times a day.

If I have someplace to go or an actual event then I do the whole foundation, blush thing. Yeah, I look better but really- I work at a methadone clinic. No one there is there to look good. In fact, I'm probably the only one who even wears mascara. Talk about your hippie, crunchy crowd. The staff are mostly all in recovery themselves...

Jenn

Comment

I need to get better about this! I was pretty good before pregnancy, but now? I'm trying....I feel better about myself when I take time for myself. Otherwise I feel like a frump! I also eat better and walk taller with better posture....ok off my butt to go wash up, lotion up and make up my face!

Oh for the actual quesiton: (in theory)
        AM:
        1. Aveeno anti-blemish foam cleansor
        2. Clinique All About Eyes Rich - eye cream
        3. Clinique Moisture Surge - face lotion
        4. Bobbi Brown Concealer for under eye (and podwer)
        5. Bobbi Brown foundation (moisture rich for winter, oil free for summer, SPF) (and poweder)
        6. Clinique TouchBase for eyeshadow
        7. Eyeshadows (currently Stila brand) (I usually get stray eyebrow hairs at this point too.)
        8. +/- eyeliner (currently Clinique)
        9. Curl eyelashes (a MUST step)
        10. Maybelline Sky High Curves Waterproof mascara
        11. Bobbi Brown bronzer
        12. +/- blush (usually -)
        13. Bobbi Brown Lip liner
        14. Lipstick and gloss (various)

PM:
        1. Clinique Take The Day Off Lids & Lips (purple) - remove eye makeup and lipstick
        2. Aveeno Anti-blemish foam face wash
        3. Clinique All About Eyes Rich - eye cream
        4. Clinique Moisture Surge - face lotion
        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

My mom gave me the Perricone line of cleanser and moisturizer. I love it. It has some AHA or some other acid and my skin is soooo smooth.

I use those every day and an exfoliator about 2x/week (Phytomer?). And then whatever eye cream sample I have around.

For makeup, everyday I use the Susan Posnik concealer and mineral make-up powder and a bronzer. On some days, eyeliner and mascara.

And of course I use sunscreen everyday (when it is sunny, that is!). My favorite drugstore brand is Neutrogena ultra sheer and favorite dept store brand is Lancome. I got a sample of La Roche-Posay I'm interested in trying.

My mom's vanity works for me. I sometimes get her cast off product. Between that and what DH picks up at the annual AAD conference, I'm set.

Comment

Originally posted by *Lily*
            Jenn, I wish I was able to follow your process instead of mine! If I didn't wash each morning and evening, I would have pizza face. I still battle with adult acne.
            Me too. I was really hoping that once I leave my teenage years behind my face will clear up. But alas, I'm destined to have wrinkles and zits at the same time.

Comment

Morning:
              Aveda Outer Peace Foaming Cleanser
              Aveda All Sensitive Toner
              Clinique All About Eyes
              Neutrogena Acne Spot Treatment (if necessary)
              Aveda Outer Peace Acne Relief Lotion
              Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer in "Adjust"
              Clinique SuperBalanced Makeup in "03"
              Clinique City Cover Compact Concealer
              MAC StudioFixx Powder
              MAC Powder Blush
              Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess
              Wet N' Wild Eyeliner - for my eyebrows, works great and it's $.99!!!
              Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner in "Black Brown"
              MAC Powder Eyeshadow in "Sweet Lust", "Wanderlust", "Vanilla", and/or "Quarry"
              Eyelash curler!
              Mabelline Full N' Soft Mascara
              Clinique Gel Lipliner
              Smashbox Lip Gloss (multiple shades)

Night:
              Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser
              Aveda All Sensitive Toner
              Clinique All About Eyes
              Neutrogena Acne Spot Treatment (if necessary)
              Aveda Outer Peace Acne Relief Lotion

Comment

Wow ... I'm feeling a bit ... simple.

MORNING

- exfoliating scrub (used to use the Clinique stuff in a tube, but had to downgrade b/c it's so expensive to Aveeno)
                - Clinique bar soap
                - clarifying lotion (again, used to use Clinique, now use Aveeno)
                - lotion on dry spots
                - generally no makeup, unless I'm going out somewhere and know I'll be seeing people I know

EVENING

- foaming cleanser (again, used to use Clinique, now use Aveeno)
                - Clinique bar soap
                - clarifying lotion
                - lotion on dry spots

That's it!
                ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Originally posted by migirl

MORNING

- exfoliating scrub (used to use the Clinique stuff in a tube, but had to downgrade b/c it's so expensive to Aveeno)
                  - Clinique bar soap
                  - lotion on dry spots
                  - generally no makeup, unless I'm going out somewhere and know I'll be seeing people I know

EVENING

- Clinique bar soap
                  - clarifying lotion
                  - lotion on dry spots

That's it!
                  This is my routine! I just bought a new thing of Clinique Exfoliator. It's so expensive! Tell me about the Aveeno, please?! I have looked and looked to try to find a different exfoliator. I like the Clinique one because it isn't greasy like their 7-day scrub.

Step 2 - the bar soap is now in a pump. FYI. It's much easier to use than the bar, I have found. I used to hate it when the bar would turn into this little sharp blade of soap!
                  married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

If either of you use the Aveeno daily moisturizer, PM with your address and I'll send you a bottle that I have (not used).

Alison, have you looked at Neutrogena for exfoliators? I like some of their products. I've been using the Advanced (Age? can't remember the rest) facial peel. It has a warning on it not to use if you are allergic to mushrooms. I try to disregard that part.

Comment

I have never used the Aveeno moisturizer. But sweet of you to offer!
                      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by migirl

MORNING

- Clinique bar soap
                        - lotion on dry spots

EVENING

- Clinique bar soap
                        - clarifying lotion
                        - lotion on dry spots

That's it!
                        Yeah, you are so simple.

Me:

NORMAL DAY -

Morning: Get out of bed. Shower.
                        Evening: Go to bed.

FANCY DAY -

Morning: Get out of bed. Get in bath tub. Shave legs. (I do shave the underarms everyday).
                        Just before fancy event: Put on makeup and fancy outfit.

DAY AFTER FANCY DAY -

Morning: Get out of bed. Look at mascara streaks in mirror. Wipe of face with a baby wipe. Shower.
                        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Morning:

Wash face with Dove soap.
                          Put on mascara.

Night:

Wash face with Dove soap.

The end. I'm feeling so non-girly.

Comment

Originally posted by alison
                            [Tell me about the Aveeno, please?! I have looked and looked to try to find a different exfoliator. I like the Clinique one because it isn't greasy like their 7-day scrub.
                            The Aveeno exfoliator is ok. I like the Clinique version much better; I have really oily skin, so I liked how the Clinique version really felt like a good scrubbing on my face but it's way too expensive! Anyway, the Aveeno exfoliator is more liquidy, not as particle-y as the Clinique. I got it for about $5 at Target, so it's not too expensive if you want to just give a try.

Good to know about the Step 2 coming in a pump. The thing I like about the bars is that they last FOREVER! I'll check out the pump when I run out...
                            ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                            -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Oh, I didn't count exfoliators and masks. I go cheap on these and find it works just as well.

Once a week:

St. Ive's Apricot Scrub
                              Quene Helene Mint Julep Masque

Comment

Working...
                              X