Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Correct way to wear cute tanks - cami or strapless bra???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct way to wear cute tanks - cami or strapless bra???

So now that I'm not 1. pregnant or 2. nursing , this summer I'm taking my body back and wearing what I want! Want I LOVE are tanks, spaggetti strapped kinds. But as um, I need som support for the girls I do NOT look good in shelf bras. So what's better, to wear a not so comfortable strapless bra, or a cami underneath with a underwire bra built in to go for the layered look. Here's an underwire I'm trying to find elsewhere for cheaper.

http://www.softsurroundings.com/P/Cotto ... wire_Cami/

I don't have big boobs, but I always wear a strapless bra. Why is that so uncomfortable? Are you wearing the right size? I always trust VS to that stuff. They have everything and can make it comfy.

Comment

I would do a layered look - cami with built in bra under tank sounds good.

Banana Republic has nice camis.
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
        I vote cami with built in support, but the girls are smallish so it's easier to pull off.
        Hey that's me too, just need support after nursing

Comment

Originally posted by Stella
          I don't have big boobs, but I always wear a strapless bra. Why is that so uncomfortable? Are you wearing the right size? I always trust VS to that stuff. They have everything and can make it comfy.
          I have a really small ribcage, and they alway shimmie down some, making it frustrating to keep pulling up, so yeah I don't have a great strapless, but I just can't imagine finding one that you don't have to constantly adjust through the day, which I HATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Color_Me_Sulky
            I have a really small ribcage, and they alway shimmie down some, making it frustrating to keep pulling up, so yeah I don't have a great strapless, but I just can't imagine finding one that you don't have to constantly adjust through the day, which I HATE!
            The Gap has a pretty good strapless bra, I've found. I have larger breasts for my frame, and have always had the problem that the strapless bras eventually slide down my ribcages. The Gap one that I've got has wire everywhere. All around the cups! A prom date nightmare!

Comment

Er, I only have one ribcage.

Comment

Originally posted by alison
                Er, I only have one ribcage.

Comment

What about a bra with clear straps? Otherwise, my vote is for the layering look or wearing a strapless under the build-in. I do that and the shelf helps keep my bra in place.

Comment

I like the bra with the clear straps -- or a black tank with a black skinny strap bra. The one thing to def. avoid is the white/nude bra strap peeking out. That's a no.

I've never been successful wearing a strapless bra all day. Major hassles.
                    Angie
                    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Okay, first I vote NO to clear straps. They are shiny and you can still see them so I think it looks tacky. But, that's just my opinion...

I have a smallish ribcage as well and had the problem before I bought my Body by Victoria strapless. Now I own four of them and wear them all the time. PLUS, if you wear a strapless with a cami with a built in shelf, that should help the strapless stay up. Does that make sense?

Comment

I second the "no" vote to the clear straps. Cami with shelf bra + strapless bra, in my opinion, is the way to go. For some reason it makes me look more endowed and perky, no idea why ... but I'll take it.

Comment

Okay, first I vote NO to clear straps. They are shiny and you can still see them so I think it looks tacky. But, that's just my opinion...

I have a smallish ribcage as well and had the problem before I bought my Body by Victoria strapless. Now I own four of them and wear them all the time. PLUS, if you wear a strapless with a cami with a built in shelf, that should help the strapless stay up. Does that make sense?
                          Thing is, is that Victoria Secret is on my list. They don't really keep my size in store, and their recent Italian sizes are very very poorly made - as in the new ones hanging up have snags on them and I have sucess with about 15% of bra I try on, and yes I've been to Nordsturms, and 2 local expensive boutiques in town. There's one more I'm gonna try, and see if I can get a strapless that fits.

Comment

I went to Nordstroms and had them fit me for a bra after atching the Oprah show. I was wearing the wrong bra and cup size. I really can tell a difference.
                            Luanne
                            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                            X