Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Bare Escentuals/Minerals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bare Escentuals/Minerals

OK- first, my friend gave me two different colors because they were too dark for her. One is too dark for me but maybe that will change in the summer time.

However, I'm not sure that I like the stuff. I love the ease of application and I love the coverage but it certainly doesn't do anything to hide the wrinkles! In fact I think it actually accentuates some wrinkles- like wrinkles I didn't even know that I had until I wore the stuff.

Anyone have any experience with this? I know Sally wears it- any suggestions? I have super dry skin these days. (requiring multiple applications of moisturizer through out the day)

If I can't get this stuff to work, I'll happily send it onward. (Light and Fairly Light)

Jenn

I wonder if the dry skin is part of the problem? Maybe try again right after you put on some moisturizer.

Comment

I also agree that dry skin problem needs to be resolved first before the Bare Essentials problem is tackled. What do you wash your face with? How often? When/how do you moisturize? With what?

Comment

Do you use any kind of foundation primer? That will probably make a huge difference. I use one from Smashbox every day to make my pores smaller and even out my skintone. When it comes time to apply the makeup, it's a HUGE difference.

Comment

When I worked as a freelance makeup artist & mgr in cosmetics it was a known fact that loose powder, of any kind will/can accentuate wrinkles...it settles into the fine lines. Some products tout their light diffusing optical particle to combat this but eventually as the day wears on the product settles into the fine lines...thus leading to more and more touch ups...

Bobbi Brown always told us that we need to stress the use of good foundation for all skin types. Obviously The younger a women the easier it is to get away w/ only a powder or powder foundation. This is The mian reason I have never went w/ Bare Minerals/ Bare Ecuntuales what ever the name is. For years i always used Lancome powder foundation compact...BTW powders in compact form will alaways contain some form of oil or moisture thus being less likly to show fine lines compared to the loose powders. Anyway After the powder compact foundation days i moved to Bobbi Browns stick foundation...AWESOM product...laura mercier is also great IMO...now I actually went to Wallgreens to try the foundation that Diane Keaton pushes in the commercials...I have to say I love love love it. It comes w/ a brush and is in cream form. I was getting ready to go to the department store , but then thought I'd see how well a Drug store line would work...I'm glad I did$$$

Comment

Here's the facial care scenario-

Wash with a sensitive skin cleanser at night. (some brand I bought at the spa) Moisturize. Morning- rinse face with water. Moisturize. After a shower- moisturize. Moisturize after blow drying my hair. I've also completely given up the AHA moisturizers as all they do is annoy my skin these days.

Seriously, I turned 40 and all hell has broken loose! I'm dessicated. (sounds much more descriptive than dried out, huh?)

I have gone back to my Prescriptives Old Lady SPF 5000 foundation that fills in the wrinkles and hides the pimples. (actually, I rarely get a pimple these days- my face is too busy flaking off.)

I've also quadrupled my water intake over the past few weeks. (this of course is offset by the sheer amount of alcohol ingested over the same few weeks)

and I also moisturize immediately before the BareMinerals stuff.

So, I guess I return to the regular stuff. Anyone want two barely used vials of the stuff?

Jenn

Comment

Stella' s right on the money w/ a foundation primer. I use to use the laura mercier one...it was amazing how much better my face makeup looked ! People often thought it was just another product for makeup junkies...but I decided to use it once and loved the results!

Comment

Jenn, I'm with you on the no love. I went in had a whole ordeal done by one of their gals, and came out looking like I got hit with a pixie dust wand. Davita do you remember - we all were shopping before DD... Anyway that's my experiance.

But, it's also my experiance that everytime someone at a cosmetic counter does my makeup I look like a clown and/or freak. I don't get it you are trying to get me to buy the product, right???....

Comment

Definitely need a primer with Bare Minerals. Also, *less is more* with BM make-up. If I apply too much, it looks very cakey. You just need a tiny, tiny bit!

Comment

Jenn, what product are you using to moisturize??

Comment

I've never used BM/BE but found this stuff...
                      bareVitamins - Skin Rev-er Upper
                      Get a more radiant looking complexion by creating a smooth surface for bareMinerals Foundation. bareVitamins Skin Rev-er Upper was designed to rejuvenate your complexion like a daily multi-vitamin supplement, with the added benefits of glycolic and salicylic acids to prepare skin for flawless makeup application every time. bareVitamins is for anyone wanting a daily dose of facial fitness to keep skin looking clear and healthy. It's lightweight, fragrance-free and perfect for all skin types.

Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Wow, Jenn that's a lot of moisturizing. With that much dryness you shouldn't be using dry powder, stick with foundation.

Comment

Thanks Vishenka-

One of the 8000 reasons I can't stand visiting my MIL is that she's smack dab in the middle of the California desert and I'm constantly trying to rehydrate.

I'll stick with Old Lady stuff.

Offer is out there for the vials of BMs- if anyone wants them, let me know. I'm not even sure the second was was ever even opened!

Jenn

Comment

I'll take 'em.....hang on to them, since I will be seeing you soon. Those are my shades as well.

I hear you about the dryness. I don't have really any deep wrinkles yet, and my skin is normal, not dry or oily, but if I don't moisturize well, I get crepey under my eyes and the powder does nothing for me then. I don't think bare minerals will work for me long-term, but it does the trick for now.

Sally
                            Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Sold- to the lady with three adorable boys.

J.

Comment

Working...
                              X