Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What "rules" do you follow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What "rules" do you follow?

Rules I follow:

-I don't wear white shoes in the winter.

-I'm petite so I avoid patterns and heavy layers.

-I'm very fair so I almost always wear "Spring" colors to avoid that "just embalmed" look.

Rules that I don't follow:

-I wear shorts. A lot.

-I will only wear comfortable shoes, even if this means a super low heal or flat to a formal occasion.

-My nails are never manicured.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Follow:

- I don't wear any white shoes or bottoms after Labor Day (call me old fashioned).

Don't follow:
    - Pretty much everything else! I'm a terrible shopper and sometimes feel like I need someone to makeover my closet.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Follow:

I just try not to look too overwhelmingly stupid in public.

Don't follow:

Anything.

Are there really rules? I am fashion tragic.
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Re: What "rules" do you follow?

[quote="house elf"]Rules I follow:

-I'm petite so I avoid patterns and heavy layers.

Wait, we can't wear patterns??? Opps, guess I don't follow this one

-I'm very fair so I almost always wear "Spring" colors to avoid that "just embalmed" look.

I wear spring or fall colors mostly. I'm really pall but feel I can pull of dark forest green, red, navy and black.

-I will only wear comfortable shoes, even if this means a super low heal or flat to a formal occasion.

*ditto* but only because I carry my daughter a lot still, would hate to twist my ankle while wearing heels. But if I'm out with DH and the kids, sometimes I'll pop on some platforms.

-My nails are never manicured.

sigh I use to do this myself before the kiddos all the time, now not so much. Though a good friend told me she always does her toes, to feel cute, and they last longer than the nails, so I *try* to keep the toes looking good.

I wear Jewelry everyday, and where fun earings cause for some reason DD doesn't pull on them like DS did,

Rules I totally break:

I'm petite and wear capris a lot, but I don't care, they are comfy. And well they may make me look shorter, the last time I wore heals DH asked me why I wore such uncomfortable shoes, he already knew I was short Thanks hun, you just could have said I look cute. :|

Comment

There are no general rules, they are different for every person. It really depends on your complexion and body type. Have you guys heard of winter white? It's all the rage here in Northeast.

The only rules I follow are:
          1). It has to be on sale and the price better be irrisistable.
          2). It has to fit and make me look better than before I put it on.

Comment

What about winter white? Or is that just in my imagination?
            I have a suit, some cardigan, an off-white sleeveless blouse
            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I love your list, Lily. You crack me up.

I had the Pilsbury Doughgirl thing going on today, but didn't leave the house.

Comment

Originally posted by *Lily*
                LOL! Don't even get me started on capris. I have a Unibomber-length manifesto about them.
                I want to hear what you have to say about capris.
                I have to say that I have yet to see anyone who looks good in them. You have to be rail thin and tall to pull them off, I think.

Comment

Working...
                X