Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Vishenka? Stella? Anyone? Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vishenka? Stella? Anyone? Please help!

I need help putting together an outfit for an upcoming hospital fundraiser. It is a very casual event (basketball game), but I don't want to wear the standard tshirt & jeans.

We'll be sitting on bleachers for part of the night so a skirt won't cut it. I was thinking of wearing a dark jean, but need help putting together a top, shoes, and accessories. I usually wear some type of heel since I'm only 5'4. I'm 28 and have a hard time finding clothes that aren't either too old or too young looking.

I am such a fashion disaster. Help me, PLEASE!

Only 5'4"? Ouch.
    I roll up my capris into shorts, so I don't think I have the right to give advice.
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by alison
      Only 5'4"? Ouch.
      I know....that's not all that short. I'm too tall for petites and too short for the 60" inseams that everyone seems to sell these days ...so in order to avoid having everything hemmed, I usually wear heels.

Comment

I think you should try to model after one of these outfits.

I know, I know. :fans: No thanks are really necessary. Just post a picture of your bad self after the event, and we'll call it even.

I have heard that camel toes are the latest for Spring 2007.
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Sorry, couldn't resist. Is there really something wrong with wearing jeans and a t-shirt to a game? Holy crap, I just need to give up.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher
            Sorry, couldn't resist. Is there really something wrong with wearing jeans and a t-shirt to a game? Holy crap, I just need to give up.
            ditto.

and, what are you still doing awake? i was going to be brave and call you, then i remembered you're one of those early to bed, early to rise people.
            ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by rainbabies
              Originally posted by Vanquisher
              ditto.

and, what are you still doing awake? i was going to be brave and call you, then i remembered you're one of those early to bed, early to rise people.
              Ugh, my son is in baseball. It's killing me, Smalls! They started practice at 7:00 pm for 2 1/2 hours. We didn't get home until nearly 10. I am totally one of those early to bed early to rise people. Baseball season is going to be the death of me!

My son is very sensitive. Anyway, so we got a self-professed "mean" coach this year, and he kind of is. He also practices A TON. Why 9 year olds need this kind of schedule is beyond me. Anyway, the one benefit I could see coming from this is that DS develops a much thicker skin. That would be tremendous because as it is now he can't roll with anything, take much teasing or joking, or anything of the sort in spite of my best efforts. Really, I tease him and joke with him - he can't take it! I am hoping the outside influence of someone who doesn't take any crap and is "mean" will peel that away a bit and toughen him up. I don't want him to lose all of his sensitivity, but he could stand to lose a little.

Yawn. All the fathers and me with a toddler at the baseball field on a Friday night. Anyone want to buy 52 candy bars, only $1 a piece for a good cause!

Comment

What about a jeans/fitted t-shirt outfit with a nice shoe and a little jacket? Is it too warm for that?
                Angie
                Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

http://www.anntaylorloft.com/atlOutfitD ... _Id=105859
                  http://www.anntaylorloft.com/atlOutfitD ... _Id=105877

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, Angie. I think a fitted jacket would be great! And I love the pictures, Stella. I have such a hard time putting outfits together so pictures are a huge help.

There will be some schmoozing going on at the game with the big dog hsp admins and I refuse to look like my usual frumpy self!

Comment

What Stella said.

Comment

Working...
                      X