Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Rolled up jeans/ and *shudder* capris/crops whatchathink?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolled up jeans/ and *shudder* capris/crops whatchathink?

I WILL NOT GIVE UP MY CAPRIS THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!!!

BTW...What's the thought on capris/crops or jeans rolled up once, very high, like 4 inches? Lots of women do it where I live, and I just don't know, I mean
    they look cute, but I'm worried I'll look like an idiot. But being 5'1" it would be nice to have the option of rolling up and not having to tailor everything...., trust me it totally sucks to have to tailor everything. Winter wear kills me cause the sleaves on everything is to long unless I buy Petite, and cute petite clothes = , and I have to wait for an awesome sale to afford it...

Ok back to the question, rolled up hems in/out?

I think they're sort of done.

and the culotte with the boots thing? what is with that?

It's like people couldn't decide whether they wanted to wear pants or shorts but it was too cold so they went with a badly executed plan C.

Jenn

Comment

I can get on that bandwagon.

Ladies, unless your name is Giselle or Tyra or the like, you probably don't look good in gauchos. Really.

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

The thing that really gets me is a couple of months ago I was at the salon getting my hair cut, and saw this stylist who was wearing short shorts with tights, and boots. It looked pretty silly to me, especially considering the weather outside was 20 degrees.
        Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

The only acceptable way to roll up jeans (and ONLY jeans) is when you have a pair that you wear with a heel in the winter and want to pair up with flats in the summer. You can't have any sort of socks on when you do this, the folded jean has to hit your ankle and the folded part has to be between 3-5 inches wide.

Or if you have to navigate snow puddles and roll up your pants/tuck them in the boots while walking to/from subway and then quickly unroll them once you get inside.

Any questions?

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
            The only acceptable way to roll up jeans (and ONLY jeans) is when you have a pair that you wear with a heel in the winter and want to pair up with flats in the summer. You can't have any sort of socks on when you do this, the folded jean has to hit your ankle and the folded part has to be between 3-5 inches wide.

Or if you have to navigate snow puddles and roll up your pants/tuck them in the boots while walking to/from subway and then quickly unroll them once you get inside.

Any questions?
            gotcha, still not sure I can pull it off, but at least I know the rules now

Comment

Agreed with Vishenka. You can roll up a long pair to wear with flats if you must. That does NOT mean you roll them up to your calf like a capri. Biiiiig difference. And if it's confusing, just buy a pair for flats and a pair for heels.

And to address the petite questions, I wouldn't recommend cuffs of any kind. They will make you look shorter.

Comment

I was just thinking about the jeans length issue the other day--- and I came to the conclusion that true "well dressed" people must own mutliple jeans for the different shoe heights. Nice to see that confirmed. I'm tired of dragging my hem in the puddles with my "good" jeans when I'm wearing my Euro sneaks. I suppose those need to be my "heel" jeans.

I see how fashionistas end up with closet rooms.
                Angie
                Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Angie, does this mean that most women don't realize that each pair of pants/jeans goes with a specific heel? I thought it was rather obvious that you have stuff to be worn with a high heel, other stuff for mid heel and other stuff for flats.

Comment

[/quote] mean that most women don't realize that each pair of pants/jeans goes with a specific heel?

You have to be gentle with us, babe. Some of us consider ourselves to be haute couteur to simply be wearing non-elastic waists bands.

Kelly
                    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
                      Angie, does this mean that most women don't realize that each pair of pants/jeans goes with a specific heel? I thought it was rather obvious that you have stuff to be worn with a high heel, other stuff for mid heel and other stuff for flats.
                      You are just realizing this?

http://janemag.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/other.jpg

Treat us as though we all look like a version of this all the time.

ETA - This picture is huge, and I can't seem to resize it.
                      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by *Lily*
                        Those sandals are terrifying. Unless you're fighting lions for your life, you shouldn't be wearing those.

Comment

So....just to be clear...IF I'm fighting lions, the shoes are OK? I'd hate to commit a gladiator faux pas. :>
                          Angie
                          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade
                            So....just to be clear...IF I'm fighting lions, the shoes are OK? I'd hate to commit a gladiator faux pas. :>
                            Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Working...
                            X