Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

help me find a new powder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me find a new powder

HELP! I love my MAC pressed powder dusted over my tinted moisturizer but I can't buy it in town. It's a pain to go online and pay for shipping and PLAN AHEAD for face powder. So I'm thinking of switching brands.

Here are brands sold in town:
    Lancome
    Prescritives
    Elizabeth Arden
    Este Lauder
    Clinique

I've tried the Clinique pressed powder in Stay Neutral and wasn't impressed. It's a bit to "cakey" for me.

Keep in mind I like the pressed powder and not the "powder foundation" type powder. I'm also 36 and have fine lines but decent skin other than that. I'm looking for something that minimizes shine, evens skin tone with light coverage and doesn't collect in fine lines.

Suggestions?
    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Originally posted by Ladybug
    I generally like Lancome when I'm in a pinch, although they are probably a lighter coverage than MAC

I still order my facial products from Chicago.
    I KNOW -- I will probably just break down and order some from Nordstrom BUT if there is a powder sold in town I like just as much....I would like to buy it here and save the shipping.

I'll look into Lancome.
    Flynn

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Flynn - MACcosmetics.com often has free shipping. Can you buy in bulk?

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenclaw
        Flynn - MACcosmetics.com often has free shipping. Can you buy in bulk?
        Now I can... hmmmmm. Nice option.
        Thanks!
        Flynn

Comment

IMO, if you found something you like, pay the shipping. I already see my UPS guy too much and I'm sure it will only increase.

Also, I have my mom bring things from Denver that I can't find here.

Comment

I agree with Nellie, living in a smaller town the internet is my friend!
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
            X