Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Help me plan a wardrobe for Paris, please!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me plan a wardrobe for Paris, please!!!!

I think the ballet flats sound great. I get horrible blisters from walking much and those sandals while cute make me at the thought of much walking. I just found some Preidt (sp?) ballet flats on sale that I hope will be walkable.

Sorry...carry on! Let me live through you vicariously. You are going to have so much fun!

One word: Cobblestones.

Wear comfy shoes. Make sure the ones you have pointed out are comfortable and will offer you supoprt.

This is not the time to try to squeeze yourself into impossibly tiny, stylish French-looking shoes (not saying that the ones you have listed are that way). Your feet and your back will kill you. Wear stylish, but comfortable shoes with good arch support. I'd look to see what Cole Haan has.
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I second the no need to try to fit in- you won't.

I wore comfortable and cute Morells to stroll through the Italian cobblestones and I was a happy camper.

It's fine to bring cute shoes to go to dinner, etc. though.

The Russian women either wore 4 inch heels or running shoes. Nothing else. (except for the babushkas who of course wore sensible shoes)

Jenn

Comment

Cole Haan ballet flats are fine. I'd also bring (or buy there) a few scarfs, they're great at turning a day outfit into a night one. Also a necklace or earrings that could jazz up the outfit at night (and go with everything). I'd keep those sandals for night and stick to something else for the day.

Unless you're going to the Opera or a very fancy restaurant, there's no need to dress up at night.

Comment

In Paris, I was constantly mistaken for a French woman! How cool is that!

I wore... wide leg cotton or linen pants like...

with fitted tops and sandals similar to the ones you posted with a lightweight sweater or long sleeved fitted top. I also wore stuff like this...

Or dresses like this because (at least if you ask me) it's easy and comfortable.

Or things like...

Comment

What kind of messenger bag, Lily?
            I'm looking for something for Germany this summer - something that they'll think is a purse so that I don't constantly have to check all my things in (at the archives).

Comment

Cute AND comfy...I like 'em.

Jenn

Comment

I have some Cole Haan flats with the Nike stuff in 'em. Bring some arch supports with you; I have found that I need them in mine.

Comment

And the lined ones won't back out in the knees.

Comment

Thanks for the bag tip, Lily.

Dh and I went to N. Michigan today (I'm starting to really dislike the crowds there - if you ever visit Chicago, walk with your family in a single file line - don't take up the whole f-ing sidewalk!). Anyway, rant aside, I bought the bag... The leather one... I'm going to hold onto it over the weekend and when guilt sets in I'll probably return it.

Comment

Working...
                    X