Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

to color or not to color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just in the past couple months started coloring my hair. I think I'm already addicted. I swear, I hit my late twenties and my hair turned a dull, mousey brown color. So far aging rocks.

Some women look/would look chic with grey hair or highlights. Me, not so much. I have a feeling my odd textured hair turned grey would look like some old dude's beard (think ZZ Top). With that said, I think I'll color until the day I die.

Comment

My aunt has absolutely gorgeous thick and wavy WHITE hair. It's beautiful. I think she looks elegant and is aging gracefully.

I try to bleach my hair so much right now to get it closer to a white blonde, so if I'm not bald by the time I'm in my 50s-60s it would be very cool to be naturally light.

Comment

Gray on me?

Not on your life. You will never start humming "sail on silver girl..." when I'm around. I'm WAY too vain.

Kelly
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I'm "GOING IN" on Thursday. I will come out chemically redone!

I'm way too vain too. DH is nuts. I would easily gain 10 years if I let my hair go naturally grey.
          Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

My mom has been coloring her hair for as long as I remember. I've started with highlights a few years back. Since I'm already getting a few grey hairs here and there, she also puts this wash-in that slightly tints the unhighlited parts and tons the highlights a bit. I'm in denial and don't want to see any grey in my hair ever. While grey looks good on some women, I think it also ages them (I'm in denial about aging too). I'm all for color.

Comment

i highlight my hair.

my mom has beautiful auburn red hair. she is almost 51 and just starting to get a few gray strands. my grandfather...also a redhead died with not ONE gray hair.
              ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I've met very few redheads who go grey. All of my peeps have gone yellow/beige and I'm tending toward brown. (not going down without a fight though!)

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                X