Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

My turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My turn

I really want to borrow Annie's dress. Since that probably won't work, I need some help for DH's residency banquet.

Help! Last year I wore a maternity dress sort of like this but in a print:

(sorry, my right click isn't working and I haven't figured out how to fix it).

Hmmm...those are cute. This qualifies as a price not much of an issue event. Some of those look like good candidates. I'll have to go check them out.

You know how the June weather can be here. It will either be sunny and 70 degrees like it is today...or 55 and rainy. So, like you, I will also be in need of a wrap!

Comment

:tsk:

I probably will go to Nordstrom or at least start there. I need some suggestions though otherwise I am the proverbial deer in the headlights. There are some great independent stores here but I'm not feeling that patient.

This is, like, me crossing the the Girl Scout Brownie bridge into attending-hood. I get a crown, right? :>

I need to look through the Boden catalog as well but I don't think they have anything dressy enough. They did have a cute wrap dress a while back.

My other conundrum. One of the partners is having us over for dinner (not sure on details yet). Kids are included which makes it more casual as does riding in the boat. I need to elbow DH for more info on this one.

Comment

Nellie -- are you brave enough to make friends with a salesgirl/woman?
        Have you ever called the Nordstrom personal shoppers #?

Tell them about the event, your likes and dislikes etc.
        I've had the BEST luck with women finding PERFECT items marked down.

Of course I live in shopping HELL now so they are fond, distant memories.
        Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Ohhh...good idea! I'd give that a try. There are too many departments there for my beanie brain to manage. Thanks for the tip.

Do you think you could have them pick stuff out for you and email suggestions and then order by mail?

I'm thinking I will bring a change of clothes for the boat thing. Nothing like sitting through dinner in damp clothes.

Comment

I am leaning towards #2 & #3. The second one has the advantage of not needing a wrap.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
              Ohhh...good idea! I'd give that a try. There are too many departments there for my beanie brain to manage. Thanks for the tip.

Do you think you could have them pick stuff out for you and email suggestions and then order by mail?

I'm thinking I will bring a change of clothes for the boat thing. Nothing like sitting through dinner in damp clothes.
              You could probably view them online from a personal shopper and then order through her by phone. Then the shopper gets the sale (comission).
              Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

You'll need height and heels to pull off #1. #2 can be great with Spanx, #3 is very pretty and #4 is icky.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
                  I like them all, it would just depend on which fit you better. I thinks #2 is tricky because you need to be as thin as the model to look like that in it. I think #3 and #4 are generally more flattering cuts for most people.
                  I like #3. #2 is pretty too, but I agree that it could not be as flattering on an actual person w/a real body. However, considering your past employment as a runway model, I'm sure it will look fabulous on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Genivieve
                    However, considering your past employment as a runway model, I'm sure it will look fabulous on you.
                    What luck! I happen to look *just like* the model in that photo.

I've got Spanx but I think the wrong color. Not that I wouldn't use another pair. I can't do much about my height (5'5") but I don't mind heels.

Clarification on #4 -- there is some detail on the top that doesn't come through in the photo. It is my least favorite though. I might see if they have both the brown and black one in the store.

Comment

Originally posted by Flynn
                      Originally posted by cupcake

You could probably view them online from a personal shopper and then order through her by phone. Then the shopper gets the sale (comission).
                      I was thinking for you!

Comment

Nellie, if you're willing to go with 3 inch heel/wedge, you can def pull off #1. I'd recommend getting a pair of nude Spanx in any case, they're always useful to hav earound. What I disliked the most about #4 was the cap sleeve.

Comment

Thanks, Julie!

I'm fine with a 3" heel and don't have any wedge shoes so that would be nice to just have anyway.

My spanx are black. I'd use nude as well. I'll have to try on a wrap dress but I think my waist is still a little too thick to pull it off.

I'm hoping that Anthropologie has that chocolate dress at the store so I can try it on.

Comment

I like #1, #2, and #3. Agree to ixnay #4.

Personally, I like #1. It's got that sexy river's edge I know I'm beautiful look.

Comment

Working...
                            X