Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What's up with all the "pregnant" shirts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up with all the "pregnant" shirts?

I went to Old Navy today to get my son some school clothes and it's a tax free day. I looked for myself and either it was a cami or what to me is a preggo shirt. I mean some women could hide up to 6 months in these things :huh: I LOATHE the site of pregnancy clothes, so this isn't doing it for me...

http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.d ... =507683022

http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.d ... =521291012

http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.d ... =507304022

and this one I thought was so cute, until my size on my looked like it was 3 sizes to big

http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.d ... =507722042

Ok, I guess I'll have to see what else is coming for fall, I hope it gets better.

Hmmm...that dress would work.

Comment

That's the style this year - working in the mall EVERY window I walk by is filled with styles like that. I'm not buying them b/c I know once I'm not pg I won't want to wear them anyway.

But yes - I have several friends that are annoyed that this is the style right now.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I have such a huge ass that this style actually works well for me - it drapes nicely. Just depends HOW it's done.

Comment

I've been complaining about this too! I guess is depends on your shape but for slim people they are so horrible. At least there will be lots of choice when I actually have a belly

Comment

You're so funny Julie. I know you hate maternity clothes. I actually bought the firsr shirt today and almost bought the last one. I LOVE this style. Can't say why but I love how comfy it is and non restricting. I so don't care what I look like as long as I am comfortable. Can't be too bad, I got hit on a couple of times while out today sporting my tent ware.

Comment

I'm so sick of seeing too much flesh...if we're going back towards draping clothing..THANK THE HEAVENS ABOVE.

Seriously people. Find a bra, wear it. Your gut is NOT cute and your thong reminds me of the bacteria crawling up from your crotch to your non-existent belt line.

REPENT!!! Put some clothes on with extra fabric if need be.

Kelly
              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by house elf
                I'm so sick of seeing too much flesh...if we're going back towards draping clothing..THANK THE HEAVENS ABOVE.

Seriously people. Find a bra, wear it. Your gut is NOT cute and your thong reminds me of the bacteria crawling up from your crotch to your non-existent belt line.

Kelly
                HOLY CRAP that is funny! Ok Kelly you win

Comment

Kelly
                  Ha! I nearly wet myself.

I love the preggo shirts. Very forgiving to the post-partum muffin top
                  Rebecca, wife to handsome gyn-onc, and mom 4 awesome kiddos: 8,6,4, and 2.

Comment

Kelly

That just made my day.
                    Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                    With fingernails that shine like justice
                    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

When we're talking maternity clothes (ie the ones that are meant to be worn during pregnancy ):

Let me just say that I am sooooo glad that maternity tops are moving away from the "belly-baring" stuff. Who the heck wants to see my pasty-white stretchmarked belly poking out while in line at the grocery store?!? Plus the shorter tops always seemed to hit me at the exact wrong spot - right where my butt begins (and, let me just say that as my belly grows - so does my backside).

The longer maternity top styles are so much more flattering - especially for my spreading hips and decidedly more "Rubinesque" thighs.
                      Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                      With fingernails that shine like justice
                      And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Originally posted by bugs
                        I guess is depends on your shape but for slim people they are so horrible.
                        Exactly! I couldn't do tight shirts because unless you have a flat stomach - thr muffin top will show. I actually like these little "pregnant shirts" because I can finally be trendy. ha-ha.

Not to worry "bugs"...just think about the clothes you'll get to wear when you are bigger that will not necessarily have the maternity label which equals a higher price for something you are only going to wear a few months.
                        Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

The dictates of fashion is one of my biggest pet peeves. I don't give a rip if baby doll dresses, silver jewelry, or crop pants are in because all of these things look dreadful on my pear shaped, uber-white body. I'm more in line with the English "What not to wear" girls. Who cares what fashion is dictating, is it flattering?

Kelly
                          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I love those tops! I'm still carrying weight from my 5 month old and still nursing him. Tops like that allow me to nurse in public without showing the world my belly (even though it's covered by a Target nursing tank top).
                            Veronica
                            Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

The dictates of fashion is one of my biggest pet peeves. I don't give a rip if baby doll dresses, silver jewelry, or crop pants are in because all of these things look dreadful on my pear shaped, uber-white body. I'm more in line with the English "What not to wear" girls. Who cares what fashion is dictating, is it flattering?

Kelly
                              ITA, I gave up trying to be trendy years ago. I am sick of seeing crop pants everywhere because no matter how many different ones I try on they are just too friggin long on my 5'3 figure. It's frusterating though when I see women shorter than me who are pulling it off.

I think these tops are probably flattering to apple shaped women. Since I'm a pear and have more of an hour glass figure, these shirts only make me look frumpy. At least I will have some extra cash this season since I won't be doing much shopping....
                              Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Working...
                              X