Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Tim Gunn's Guide To Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Gunn's Guide To Style

I highly recommend this show. He's really great and knows what he's talking about and he's much nicer than Stacey and Clinton. I think I'm embracing the 'burbs a bit too fast but Stacey and Clinton just seem so mean all of a sudden. As I'm typing this, I'm thinking, "What's wrong with me?" Anyway, for those of you who don't like to be ambushed, watch Tim's show.

When is it on and on what channel?

It got good reviews in the Express-News (not that the fashion writing in San Antonio is all that but hey- they can't all work for W, right? 0

J.

Comment

Bravo!

I haven't watched it yet, but I plan to. I was going to DVR it but figured Bravo runs things OVER AND OVER AND OVER that I'd catch it sooner or later. I'm just in it for Tim. I love him.

I do like the promos where the woman w/too many low cut dresses whines "but I still need to be sexy!" and Tim says "That doesn't mean you need to lay them on the table!"

Oh - and Vishenka: "too mean"??? You are going soft!!!

Comment

Re: Tim Gunn's Guide To Style

Originally posted by Vishenka69
        I highly recommend this show. He's really great and knows what he's talking about and he's much nicer than Stacey and Clinton. I think I'm embracing the 'burbs a bit too fast but Stacey and Clinton just seem so mean all of a sudden. As I'm typing this, I'm thinking, "What's wrong with me?" Anyway, for those of you who don't like to be ambushed, watch Tim's show.
        Tim's awesome. Haven't seen his show yet.

The few times I've watched the american WNTW, stacey and clinton just seemed like idiots. I much prefer trinny and susannah on the british version. They make a lot more sense, and don't seem to be in it to humiliate people, but to honestly help.

Of course, I wear jeans and t-shirts 90% of the time, so I'm hardly one to talk.
        Sandy
        Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I much prefer trinny and susannah on the british version. They make a lot more sense, and don't seem to be in it to humiliate people, but to honestly help.
          Yes, I'm probably a closet Anglophile anyway, but I adore Trinny and Susannah. They know how to blend fashion with keeping it real. I love when they showed their post partum bodies and then dressed them accordingly. I was so inspired to get out of my sweat pants and find a clean outfit.

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Re: Tim Gunn's Guide To Style

Originally posted by Vishenka69
            I haven't seen the show yet but I LOVE Project Runway and one of the big reasons is TIM!!!

I LOVE TIM!!!

I'll try and watch!
            Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Originally posted by Genivieve
              Oh - and Vishenka: "too mean"??? You are going soft!!!
              You have no idea how much that scares me.

Comment

I think I do.

Comment

My roommate won't subscribe to Bravo or Style.

Vishenka, don't go soft on me woman. Stacey is my idol.

Comment

Working...
                  X