Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Body slimmers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body slimmers

So, give me some pointers on how I can get the tummy pudge under control for the dress I have picked out (under Fall Wedding). I bought a full on girdle with about 50 clasps for a strapless bridesmaid dress last year, and I am NOT wearing that thing ever again.

I'm ok on the back pudge. That doesn't seem to be the problem.
    married to an anesthesia attending

Assets at Target (fake Spanx). The girdles hold more in though.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Go to the hoisery dept at Nordstrom and ask which Spanx you need. Either buy them there or go get the Target ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher
        Yeah, I just saw Stella's post about Assets, when I did a thread search.

Oh man, Heidi. The girdle was just pure torture. I was sweating under that thing like nothing else. It was mid-July and I felt like kalua pig.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
          Go to the hoisery dept at Nordstrom and ask which Spanx you need. Either buy them there or go get the Target ones.
          Thanks! I thought Spanx were for pregnant women, based on previous threads.

Comment

Originally posted by alison
            Originally posted by Vanquisher
            Yeah, I just saw Stella's post about Assets, when I did a thread search.

Oh man, Heidi. The girdle was just pure torture. I was sweating under that thing like nothing else. It was mid-July and I felt like kalua pig.
            BTDT. And don't try to sit down or bend over. You'll kill yourself. That or the girdle will roll down and the fat that you were fighting will spill over the top like crazy and you have to find a way to inconspicuously tuck your fat back in. Always a joy. I've had the same trouble with Spanx though. My fat likes to be free!
            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I wouldn't let the lady at Nordstrom help me with the girdle and got into trouble when I called dh to the dressing room (they don't like men back there in that section of the store). He had to basically wrestle me to the ground to get the thing on. Yeah, bending over is asking for it. Ugh.

Comment

Do you have a lingerie shop nearby? I got the slimmer that I needed for my bridesmaids dress at a lingerie shop. It when from above the knees up and was tucked under my bra. I had no issues with it slipping or anything. I think it was between $80 and 120.
                Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by alison
                  I wouldn't let the lady at Nordstrom help me with the girdle and got into trouble when I called dh to the dressing room (they don't like men back there in that section of the store)
                  I'm sorry, that made me laugh.

Comment

heres my little secret. i wear spanx..pull those suckers up as high as humanly possible--up to my boobs, then wear one of those snap in the crotch bathing suit, boob boosting things over the spanks. everything gets held in place real nice. oh and you can breath too. for the most part. oh and dont drink alot...you will never get everything back in place. by the end of the night, i needed a cath.

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Yowza! That first picture made me cringe - I wouldn't want anyone thwacking my Spanx like that.

This thread is making me laugh out loud. I love the Spanx anecdotes.

Those things don't go over the boobs, Sylvia? How do you keep them up then? Are there straps? Or do they just bunch around the fat?

Comment

Oh! NOW I get it. You double the fun, and put the strappy one on top.

Comment

yup...double the pleasure!
                          ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Oh man, then you really can't pee. You'd have to take everything apart...

The idea is good though, Sylvia, because I have to wear a bra anyway. Hmmm.

Comment

I have the Spanx that suppose to come up to your bra and actually have a tummy flattening part. Alison, another option is something similar to the bodysuit that clasps in the crotch area (easy assess). Just make sure that the bra part is not visible in the dress and the midsection part has some extra slimming build in. That way all your fat will be contained with nowhere to spill.

Comment

Working...
                              X