Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

classic white shirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• classic white shirt

Where can I find a classic collared, button-down, long sleeve white shirt that is 100% cotton NO SPANDEX? I bought one from J. Crew about 8 years ago that I love. But, I'm not as slim as I was back then.

It seems every shirt is a cotton/spandex blend. I can't stand wearing cotton/spandex blend on my upper body. I feel like the the fabric doesn't breathe and I get hot so easily.

Just a frame of reference, my style tends toward Gap, Banana, J. Crew, Old Navy.

Thanks!

Re: classic white shirt

I don't know what they're made of but noticed that J. Jill has some white shirts in their display window, several different styles - you might try them.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Try Lands End or Talbots.

Jenn

Comment

American Apparel makes the most comfortable T's...at least IMHO.
        Danielle
        Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

I have had really good luck with Thomas Pink shirts (they are really pricey, but hold up well).

I remember seeing a segment Martha Stewart did sometime last year on the “classic white cotton button down” and she suggested brooks brothers. I just googled quickly and found this:

http://www.cottoninc.com/PressReleases/?articleID=237

They suggest getting the men’s shirt in a 14½ neck; it will definitely be spandex free. You could also go with a Ralph Lauren (Polo). The inexpensive ones almost always have the horse (which might bother you), but I still a few that I wore as part of my high school uniform (and they look pretty nice).

Comment

When you say "not as slim" do you mean you wear plus size? If not, then why not go back to JCrew? I would even go to the nearest outlets and check out JCrew, BR and Brooks Brothers. Plus Calvin Klein might also have something.

Comment

Does Eddie Bauer still have "business casual" line of clothing? That's another one I would suggest if they still have the clothing line.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
                When you say "not as slim" do you mean you wear plus size?
                No, I don't wear plus sizes. I'm actually in the post-pregnancy, transitional (I hope) sizes. The last time I went shopping, J. Crew & J. Jill both had the spandex in their white shirts. Gap & Banana, too. Brooks Brothers is just not my style. Not to mention, the clothes are just way too expensive for me. (DH likes BB, though.) I'll have to take a look at Eddie Bauer. I don't want to spend a lot of money on clothes because I still have young kids smearing food and wiping their faces on me. I'm weaning my youngest DS so I told DH that I'd kind of like to start looking decent, heaven forbid stylish, again. :huh: (Emoticons added for oldest DD's benefit only. Daughter Over Shoulder)

Comment

Here are some 100% cotton options.
                  Gap

JCrew

Ralph Lauren in Macys

Target

Comment

Working...
                  X