Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Spending $ Like I Have it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spending $ Like I Have it.

So, last night I was struck w/ inspiration about how I will celebrate the return of my spouse, satisfy his need to stay home and my need to get the hell out of Dodge.

So, I bought tickets to the Springsteen show in Cleveland. And airplane tickets and two nights at the downtown Crowne Plaza. I'll drag my aunt w/ me to the show and if she wants to play downtown she can stay with me. (She lives in Mentor on the Lake.) (I'm up for meeting the iMSN peeps who are there!)

To Hell w/ it. I'm getting out of here.

Jenn

Re: Spending $ Like I Have it.

Crowne Plaza?? I'm confused. Did they change the name of something? I'll have to go look it up. I was momentarily excited b/c there is a Crowne Plaza here (what with Hallmark being headquartered here).

I'll forego the bit where I bitch that you're going to Cleveland when I no longer live there, or where I ask for the dates of your adventure so I can convienently plan a trip "home" then.

You know you can count on me for info on where to go / what to do. Post your dates.

Comment

Oooh! You're going to be in Cleveland! If JennP comes "home" and you get together, let the rest of us here know if we're invited, too!!
      Sandy
      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

That's awesome! You deserve the chance to get away!
        Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

The concert is 11/4. I fly in 11/3 and leave 11/5.

Yay!

Jenn

Comment

That's a brave time of year to go to Cleveland my friend. No way, no how! But Springsteen will be super-cool.

Comment

i hope you have a fab time! good for you, getting out w/o the kiddo!
              ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

DCJenn-

That's some serious retail therapy. Good for you!

I'm in Cleveland and definitely up for a get-together (unless we're under 2 feet of snow- then you're on your own )- Genivieve, you're scaring me with that talk!

Comment

Not likely you'll have 2 feet of snow (and that wouldn't bother me so much). It's the freezing sleet that I hate.

Comment

Wonderful. It just keeps getting better here.

Comment

That's awesome. Enjoy your trip. My first reaction was, "Wow, I couldn't do that." But then I remembered my Iceland trip. As great as our husbands are, getting away from them for a few days makes them look even better.

Comment

Working...
                      X