Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Wellies as fashion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wellies as fashion?

Festival season (a.k.a. summer) in Ireland is the only time I have seen them as a fashion accessory, but of course they are practical then too. I had great pink ones with purple hearts.

Re: Wellies as fashion?

I have seen them around. One of our babysitters wore them over, it was raining though. She is a college student and walks to class. I didn't know what Wellies were though until I just looked it up.
    Needs

Comment

I am here in Connecticut. I've seen Wellies a few times when going to the mall the past couple weeks. It's not really that cold or wet here, but the young ladies have them on. I also noticed that all the department stores here have a big display of the Wellies. I didn't know if it was a regional thing since I'm from the south. They are kinda cute.
      Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
      "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

I wore them as a child. In Seattle. For playing in puddles. I don't know why an adult would wear them other than for going through mud. They don't offer much ankle support, so be careful. I remember rolling my ankles all the time!
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

They've been big in NY since last year but only on rainy days.

Comment

They have been big in the South for years. They were really really popular at UVA since girls walk everywhere even when it's raining. If it's raining, I say they are great! If not, leave them at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Stella
              They have been big in the South for years. They were really really popular at UVA since girls walk everywhere even when it's raining. If it's raining, I say they are great! If not, leave them at home.
              ohhhh yeah! I could see how these would have been nice to have back in college!
              Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
              "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Working...
              X