Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

the $999.95 boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the $999.95 boot

Why any human would blow a grand on this is beyond me.
    http://www.endless.com/Jennifer-Estess- ... B000W0OYZU

Re: the $999.95 boot

Originally posted by *Lily*
    If I had the cash I would drop that much on a pair of Louboutins, but on that boot? Sorry, that looks like something from Payless to me.
    Or Jimmy Choos or a custom made pair or ....

Does buying a $400 bag on sale count?

Comment

What about receiving it as a gift?

Comment

Stella, I don't think I could wear those, even if they were a gift. And I couldn't regift those, because that's just mean. And I couldn't sell them on ebay, because then no one would buy them. What a waste of pleather!

So I'm very interested in this thing called custom shoes. Wow, maybe one day...

Comment

My grandmother got a pair of Ferragamos custom made. They take molds of your feet. They keep the molds on file. The heels are supposed to be more comfortable, if there is such a thing.
          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

PS I wouldn't spend 1000 on shoes, but I have been known to try to justify $400 purses and shoes to my husband.

Comment

They are ugly. Does anyone like those boots??

And alison, honey, your husband should be showering you with $400 purses if that's what you want...
              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Originally posted by peggyfromwastate
                And alison, honey, your husband should be showering you with $400 purses if that's what you want...
                You are too sweet!
                After consulting everyone here, going back and forth between canvas and leather, I bought a Coach purse before I left for Germany this summer. And I have no guilt whatsoever. And I plan on filling it with an up-yours wallet and a 2nd generation iphone (when it comes out).

See how healthy my relationship with money is?

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna
                  I still can't believe people will pay $400.00 for a purse so I wouldn't buy those no matter how much money I had. :huh:
                  Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

hmmm sorta sounds like a young german chap that recently visited sorry couldn't help it... you walked into that one!

Comment

Originally posted by pinkpickles
                      hmmm sorta sounds like a young german chap that recently visited sorry couldn't help it... you walked into that one!

I want tons of stuff, but I rarely actually make the move to buy things... I think my bil has a sick relationship with money. On the one hand he'd spend $30 on a pair of underwear, but on the other, he did not offer one single time to pay for lunches and coffees.

Comment

Originally posted by KarrotKake22
                        Stella, I don't think I could wear those, even if they were a gift. And I couldn't regift those, because that's just mean. And I couldn't sell them on ebay, because then no one would buy them. What a waste of pleather!

So I'm very interested in this thing called custom shoes. Wow, maybe one day...

Oops! I wouldn't wear them either! My "gift" comment was in reply to Vishenka's "Does buying a $400 bag on sale count?"

Comment

OK...sadly...I think they're really pretty.

kris
                          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Phew. Me three. I would never spend that much on boots but I think they are cute cowboy boots. Maybe it is living in places where wearing cowboy boots is more common.

Comment

I thought the boot was cute, but it looks like it's not well-made. As in, not even $100 well-made.

I'm all for expensive purses, but I can guarantee you if I buy an expensive purse, it's not going to have the company's name all over it. I just don't get why wearing a name or insignia (the "C" or the "D&G", etc.) is a good thing. I understand that the quality is higher, and the houses design is what you're buying -- but that design being awesome shouldn't be dependent on the name being plastered all over it.

Comment

Working...
                              X