Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

the ugly bridesmaid dress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the ugly bridesmaid dress

Please help me avoid having to wear one!

My sister in Hawaii is getting married this May and wants her attendants to wear...sigh...lavender. A friend had suggested the Ann Taylor celebrations line, but my sister doesn't like any of them. I recently sent her a picture of this dress, hoping that she would like it:

Here is the actual link for the dress:http://www.watters.com/product.php?c...ers&showid=462

My sister still wants it in lavender. She says that if she goes with this particular dress, she only likes it in "thistle." I may just have to suck it up and wear that ugly bridesmaid dress.

Unless there are bridesmaids dresses out there that actually look good in lavender??? If it helps any, I'm 5'6" and fluctuate between a size 10 and 12.

:anyolne:

ETA: I have that mommy pooch to hide too.

be kind...this is my first foray into this forum and I have very little fashion sense.
    Married to pediatric surgery fellow, SAHM to 2 munchkins

Re: the ugly bridesmaid dress

Wow! Beautiful dress. But thistle is um...well...thistle. Reminds me of Eeyore. Let's look some more. Surely there are pretty shades of lavendar bridesmaids dresses!
    Veronica
    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Miss America pageant dress?

Show some leg and some cleavage

Reminds me of Edie from Desperate Housewives

This looks fun!

I know this isn't the right color, but oh so pretty!
      Veronica

Comment

Love this!

Veronica

Comment

Most pastels make most people look several weeks deceased.

It's the sad fact of life.

Jenn

PS- Hawaii? What's wrong w/ a hawaiian shirt and leis.

Comment

Originally posted by *Lily*
            If this were my sister, I would say, "No, seriously, why are you making me wear a dress that you know I'm going to talk about behind your back?" But that's the kind of relationship we have!

Good luck, sister. Lavender is hard to pull off. So is seafoam green.

Hey, I'm already talking about this potential dress behind her back. Unfortunately my sister and I don't have that kind of relationship. She'd be offended.

Does anyone ever look good in lavender? I think the last time I wore lavender was in the eighth grade and didn't look good in it then either. I shudder to think how it's going to look against my sallow Asian skin.

Veronica - the color of those dresses is so much better, but my sister is set on a pale watery shade. Now that you mention it, "thistle" does look like Eeyore. And I love the color of that last raspberry colored dress.

Jenn - nothing wrong with an aloha shirt and leis and DH would be thrilled with it...but my sister has turned into somewhat of a bridezilla (she is getting married in May because she wants to be a "summer bride"...though why it matters in Hawaii, I don't really know). Sooo...there is no way that hawaiian shirts and leis will be okay at this wedding.

I keep reminding myself that it's her wedding! I'll just smile and stand there in an Eeyore dress. But it could be worse...her other color choice is lime green. :huh:

Comment

How about this:

Just remember, many have had it so much worse: http://www.uglydress.com/index.html
              Veronica

Comment

DD just caught a glimpse of that dress and was thrilled. She thinks it's a dress a beautiful princess wears.

Comment

OMG - I spewed my drink when I saw the dress above.
                  Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

I love that poofy dress! Thanks for brightening up my morning.

Ellie, try to steer your sister toward the chiffon tea length options. I don't remember if J Crew has anything in lavender but they just expanded their BM collection to include chiffon. Another site to check out is Jim Hejlm. He has tons of designs and many 2-pieces. I would love to give you my BM dress but it's light blue, if you can convince your sister to change colors, it's all yours.

Comment

Thanks for the offer and advice Vishenka. I'd gladly take you up on the dress, but my sister wants to stay with purplish shades for her wedding.

And....after some gentle campaigning, she has decided not to go with the "thistle" swatch and now likes the "crystal blue" for the Watters bridesmaid dress I first posted.

http://www.watters.com/product.php?c...ers&showid=462
                      Sorry, I can't figure out how to paste the image of the color swatches here. It's an improvement!

Now I have to find shoes. My sister's requirements: silver, open toed, with...rhinestones. It can have a heel. Shoe divas, help?? I have wide feet, so cute thin strappy shoes never look good on me.

Comment

The blue is much better! As for shoes, well, I love shoes! Here are a few I found on my fav site (Nordstrom.com).

I know this one doesn't have any rhinestones, but I like it.
                        Veronica

Comment

Working...
                        X