Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

your "go to" duds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your "go to" duds

If someone could describe your "look" what would it be? What do you find yourself wearing frequently? What are you most comfortable in?

Lately, I've been wearing skinny fit comfty pants (so like leggings, but thicker), my flat knee high boots, and a longer sweater. I could wear a variation of that outfit every day. I'm addicted to stuffing my pants into boots. I haven't had wet pants since last winter, and I love it.

I also find myself always picking out neutrals and solids at the store. I wear a lot of black, white, and browns. I know.

Re: your "go to" duds

Heels, skinny jeans and some sort of sweater or poncho top probably. Sometimes I will change out the jeans for trousers. Work is casual so it doesn't matter.

Lately I have been wearing skirts too but right now I am getting over bronchitis so am staying as warm as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
      Yoga pants, tee and fleece. I'm going to lose points for this aren't I? Did I mention all the puke lately. It's my newest fragrance. Being a mom is soooooooo glamorous. Maybe I should marry a dawkter...
      Annie, you lose points for the outfit but gain it back with your sense of humor.

I've lost a size since we moved and most of my pants are way too big now, so I've been wearing 2 pairs of jeans non-stop for months. In the winter I try to cheer myself up with a bright sweater and fun accessories. I haven't worn skirts or dresses as much here because I'm having a problem finding tall boots that I can drive in. All my NY boots have high heels or pointy toe or both.

Lily, I have no idea how you can wear skirts in NE in the winter. What's your secret?

Comment

Jeans and a t-shirt. But, while my mom was here and helping out, she accidentally packed my only pair of size 12 jeans and took them with her. She is sending them back. Lately, I've mostly been wearing a t-shirt and pajama bottoms.

I'm not looking good until I get my makeover.
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher
          Jeans and a t-shirt. But, while my mom was here and helping out, she accidentally packed my only pair of size 12 jeans and took them with her. She is sending them back. Lately, I've mostly been wearing a t-shirt and pajama bottoms.

I'm not looking good until I get my makeover.
          Oooh a makeover? What kind?

Comment

I've lost nearly 90 pounds. Once I get to my goal weight or to a place where I feel stable (may require surgical correction) and I have the required $$$, Vishenka has so generously offered to make me over. I am so taking her up on it.

She would shred my current wardrobe like a racoon on a garbage sack.

Comment

I'm still available and I can dispose of your wardrobe in any desired method of your choosing. What's your goal weight/size? I think you look amazing now and size 12 for your height is great. Can you tell that I'm itching to start?

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
                Originally posted by Vanquisher
                She would shred my current wardrobe like a racoon on a garbage sack.

With style, of course.

I'm hoping Vishenka will want to tour the Oregon wine country some day and swing by for some speed-shopping (I don't have your endurance but share your love of sales).

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
                  I'm still available and I can dispose of your wardrobe in any desired method of your choosing. What's your goal weight/size? I think you look amazing now and size 12 for your height is great. Can you tell that I'm itching to start?

I'm still considered overweight. And, I look it. I'm especially top heavy. I am a Large or XL on top. I have a lot of, ewww, extra skin I need chopped off. Plus, you know I have to wait for those attending bucks to come rolling in.

Comment

heidi, doesnt it suck to be big on top. i have big boobs and broad shoulders. its like, no matter how much weight i loose, i still feel and look big. you're doing great tho!!

any-who...my go to is jeans, short sleaves with long under w/ a fleece. actually, it's my everyday wear. oh, i also survive my days in pj bottoms and t-shirt. sneakers or my wool clogs...or my birki bostons work for footwear.
                    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I wear jeans, a fleece with a cami underneath ( no bra in the winter-woo!) and trail shoes in the winter. I am alternating bt sevens and gap long and lean- depends on where I am going- if it somewhere nice I will trade the fleece for a nice sweater too.

In the summer I wear shorts and a tank top. My rainbow sandals pretty much never leave my feet.

I wear too much brown and black too.
                      Mom to three wild women.

Comment

jeans and a sweater, or jeans and a long-sleeved t-shirt. I don't like fleece. I need no added padding.

Comment

Originally posted by *Lily*
                          Vishenka, I swear by tights and boots. And I love my sweater tights. The opportunity to wear a sweater on my legs? That trumps jeans any day. Warmer!
                          Where do you get sweater tights? I can't find them anywhere.

Heidi, I think you look amazing as is and I'm sure extra skin is adding weight too. When women who have large assets try to hide them, they end up looking even bigger and lumpier. If you got it, flaunt it.

Comment

I'm wearing a track suit and t-shirt for the nth day in a row! DH says if I don't snap out of it soon he's submitting me to What Not to Wear. But I still can't wear my pre-pregnancy jeans and I'm SO SICK of my maternity clothes.
                            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Skirts and sweater sets, jeans and sweater sets, jeans and long-sleeved (fitted) t-shirts. (aka, nothing on top that requires an iron)

Capris when I want to laugh and think about the iMSNers cringing.

Usually birkenstocks (um it was 77 degrees here yesterday), but I have a fab pair of boots that I'll wear w/ my dark jeans.

Unless I'm at the gym or yoga, then I'm in a yoga top, shorts and nothing else. Bikram yoga is 105 degrees and my gym feels much the same.

I have one winter suit and one summer suit.

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                              X