Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Overstock.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overstock.com

This is my first purchase with "the O", and so far I'm not impressed! We ordered a king-size, 4 inch Serta Memory Foam mattress topper (my birthday present). It arrived with a rip in it. I followed the instructions online to process a return. I got an "error" email saying I needed to talk w/a CSR. I emailed asking HOW I talk to a CSR, and I got an email back telling me all was fine, they just needed a photo of the damage. We'd already packed it up for shipping, so I emailed asking if they only needed a photo and I wasn't going to be sending it back, or if I could just send it back b/c and skip the photo, since it was already re-packed. After an "online chat" w/someone who clearly just liked to use the "auto-phrases", I was told I could just send it back and I'd receive a shipping label via email in 1 to 2 days. 1 to 2 days?? What email takes 1 to 2 days?

It's my birthday present. I want my cushy sleep - NOW.

Re: Overstock.com

Call the customer service rep- I had to when I needed to located the parts to my bed. They didn't send all of the parts. and they didn't want the parts I didn't need back. (anyone need parts to a King bed?)

The customer service online people I imagine are not native speakers of English. You can't deviate from the script or they get confused. Even then, when speaking to a living breathing person, it was disconcerting.

Other than that- I've had no other bad experiences.

Jenn

Comment

How frustrating! Hope you get your cushy sleep soon!!!!
      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I called them. I'm only mildly placated. The on-line person I dealt with set my return in such a way that the "real" person was not able to change it to expedite shipping. From our conversation it sounded like I wouldn't be able to get my new mattress topper until the end of next week. So I had him just do a straight return on it (still waiting for the shipping label), and I'll order another one.

Comment

Hey I got one too about a year and a half ago through O. We didn't have any problems, and I still love the topper. I got it cause I have pain in my shoulders when I sleep. It has helped al lot, but they still give me problems.

I have no experiance with the customer service though.

Comment

They used to be much better years back when they just started out, I'm not as impressed lately. Hope this all resolves soon.

Comment

Buying stuff is great from overstock bc they often have really good prices but God forbid you ever have to return anything. I am in a returns process now and it has taken over 2 weeks and they have not yet received it! Nevermind processed it.

Once I never got my money back. It was so complicated I gave up after a while. This one better turn out better.

Comment

Originally posted by tlew12778
                Buying stuff is great from overstock bc they often have really good prices but God forbid you ever have to return anything. I am in a returns process now and it has taken over 2 weeks and they have not yet received it! Nevermind processed it.

Once I never got my money back. It was so complicated I gave up after a while. This one better turn out better.
                That makes me feel like I made the right choice w/the straight-out return rather than the return/exchange.

Comment

And the saga continues ... 2 days, still no UPS label AND an email from them saying that since I didn't reply to their request for more information (which I did reply to, several times) they're considering this issue solved. I called to speak to a human again. This human told me there's no record of me being promised a pick up (the thing weighs at least 50 lbs). Once I convince her that this was promised on the phone (not in the chat ... which I'd told her from the begining), she told me that UPS would pick it up in 3 to 7 days, but there was no telling when. I explained that I'd also been promised a phone call to arrange a pick up, and she got snippy w/me and told me there was no note to that effect, and if they miss me they'll just leave a tag and come back the next day.

Yeah ... I'll leave the $200 item on my porch to be rained on and ruined.

After talking to a manager UPS will hopefully call, but if they don't & I miss them I can call to schedule a pick up. I still don't have a shipping tag -- according to the manager LOTS of people have trouble getting them b/c they get kicked out by spam blocker. Yeah - I don't think I'll be shopping w/them again.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
                    They used to be much better years back when they just started out, I'm not as impressed lately. Hope this all resolves soon.

ITA

When DH & I got married back in 2000, I used to online shop w/ them a lot, same w/ smart bargains...not so much these days.

Comment

I read in some of the comments that other people have had too much trouble with returns there, too, and so they just gave up. I wonder how much Overstock makes by just not being customer friendly-- and not honoring returns?

It's too bad...

I hope that the mattress topper you ordered arrives quickly and problem free!!!
                      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

At this point I'm just looking to return it. I will make no other purchase from them until the screwy one is out of my foyer and off of my credit card. Then (and only then) I will buy another mattress pad, assuming I can't find a comparable price elsewhere.

Comment

Both Fortunoff and Bloomies are having huge home sales right now. May be their worth a try. At least they both take everything back whenever.

Comment

Working...
                          X