Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What's your scent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your scent?

I, too, do not care for musty err I mean musky scents. I also do not like to smell like anything edible like vanilla.

I prefer fresh clean scents. I am currently wearing Philosophy's Amazing Grace. I bought loads of it last Christmas for gifts. Everyone that continually complimented me on how I smelled got one...yep, converting the world one friend at a time.
    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Re: What's your scent?

I don't have one but I find myself gravitating to citrusy scents as I get older. If I could slather myself in grapefruit juice every morning I would.

Most perfumes give me a nasty headache though and I think people should be forced to run an extra mile if they wear perfume or cologne to the gym.

Jenn

Comment

I don't usually wear perfume; I have some really old "beautiful" from HS, which is OK, and some "white diamonds" (which I have because it was my late grandmother's favorite scent), and...eh, probably some other tiny bottles I'm not remembering. I used to love my mom's chanel No. 5, too.

I'm like DCJenn, though - love love love the citrus. Right now I have a little bottle of (discontinued, boo!) Bath+body works Lemongrass Mandarin lotion, and a little tube of Davies Gate Lemon-Made hand salve at my desk. I use one or the other once or twice a day.
      Sandy
      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Este Pleasures, been wearing it for over 10 years

Comment

I also used to love Pleasures. These past few years I've been wearing Givenchy's Amarige.

I am not too much of a vanilla girl myself, but I wear it often since DH LOVES it. He often gets me the Bath & Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar.
          Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
            I don't have one but I find myself gravitating to citrusy scents as I get older. If I could slather myself in grapefruit juice every morning I would.
            Jenn
            you should ask for samples of these...

http://www.creedfragrances.co.uk/site/p ... roduct/138

or

http://www.creedfragrances.co.uk/site/p ... roduct/100
            The citus notes are dominent in this one. When I worked in the business it was sold as a unisex fragrance.

Comment

I've been wearing various Chanel scents for years but last birthday I got Nina Ricci and have been in love every since.

Comment

On (rare) occasion I will wear Chanel Cristale, but in general I smell like "me" (what that is varies from day to day). I'm super-sensitive to scents so even testing perfumes is like running a gauntlet.

Comment

I love love love Coco but I don't even own any. I don't wear perfume very often -- DH is really sensitive to it. :huh:

Comment

LUSH Honey I Washed the Kids Though back in the day I wore Curve and received many many compliments....people used to stop in the mall and tell me I smelled good and to ask what it was. I think my natural scent changed it somehow because it always smelled weird on other people to me....and most people were truly shocked when I told them it was Curve. I guess I stopped wearing it because it seems like a 'young' scent....but I might go back.....the honey is soo yummy smelling now though.
                    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I also wear Amazing Grace. Laura, PM me your address and I'll send you my bottle of PRADA. It just isn't me and I would hate to throw it away.
                      Luanne
                      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I wasn't thinking it may not be the same scent! What is the scent you like?
                        Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

For the last 8 years or so it has been Indecence by Givency. Before that was Amarige by Givenchy. Totally miles apart. I love jasmine/vanilla combo. Florals give me a major headache.

Comment

soap? :huh:
                            ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

The one I have is Amber. I have no idea if they are similar.
                              Luanne

Comment

Working...
                              X