Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What's your scent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's your scent?

I guess I like all kinds of scents. I like Heavenly by Victoria's Secret. I wear that a lot. Escape by Calvin Klein. I like light scents and musky scents, fruity and floral, but I can smell a lot of different perfumes and still say, "YUCK!"

Honestly, I haven't actually smelled that many different perfumes in the past, oh 12 years.

Most men's cologne smells the same to me. Their deodorant too.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Polo Sport by Ralph Lauren. And occasionally America by Perry Ellis.

:nothing:

Comment

Originally posted by uvagradk
        Polo Sport by Ralph Lauren. And occasionally America by Perry Ellis.

:nothing:
        So funny! When I first read this reply I thought "hey wait! that's a guy's scent" (hadn't noticed the author). Of course, I loved Polo so much when I was in high school that I sprayed it on my little leather bracelet whenever I was at the mall.

Comment

I'm also a member of the citrus fan club. Still hooked on Fresh's Lemon Sugar.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowWhite
            DC Jenn - if you like grapefruit/citrusy you really ought to try Jo Malone scents. My sister wears them. They are very clean and light.
            ITA
            I wear Jo Malone. Grapefruit is one of my favorites but right now I wear Pomegranate or Blue Agave. They are light and can be layered to create your own unique scents. Most of the other commercial scents bother me so I stick to Jo Malone bc they don't make me cough/headache.

Comment

Of course, I loved Polo so much when I was in high school that I sprayed it on my little leather bracelet whenever I was at the mall
              Too funny. In high school I wore Obsession. Well, let me qualify, about once a month I wore it when obsessed with making just the right impression.

I actually hadn't worn cologne since then. I rarely wore it in high school because with sports the cologne would make me nauseated during practice.

DW and I went hunting for a cologne for me several years ago and Polo Sport and America are the two I settled on.

Comment

Russ wears Allure Sport by Chanel....mmmm.
                Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Usually Armani's Lei. But sometimes I will wear Ralph Lauren's Glamorous or Bulgari's Bulgari. I also have Ralph Lauren Sport but rarely ever wear it.

Comment

I'm kind of a perfume whore...
                    Here's my approximate ranking - 1 being the best (and yes I own all of these.)
                    1 - Burberry Weekend
                    2 - Burberry London
                    3 - Sula Champagne Sugar
                    4 - Burberry (I think it's their "main" scent? Not sure...)
                    5 - J'adore by Christian Dior
                    6 - Chanel Allure Sensuelle
                    7 - Bijan
                    8 - Chanel No. 5
                    9 - Calvin Klein Truth
                    10 - Adrienne Vittadini

...and some others I can't remember...

Comment

Right now I have Heavenly from Victoria's Secret and Addict 2 from Christian Dior. I actually like the original Addict, but I got this as a gift and it's not bad either. I'd love it if LUSH brought back the perfume with their American Cream scent. Now that would be heaven for me.
                      Cristina
                      IM PGY-2

Comment

I wore Gerber babyfood today (pear and pineapple, followed by prune and apple). I'm sure I smell lovely but DH didn't even comment when he came home.
                        Veronica
                        Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by v-girl
                          I wore Gerber babyfood today (pear and pineapple, followed by prune and apple). I'm sure I smell lovely but DH didn't even comment when he came home.
                          Love it. Mmmm, baby spit up. Really turns them on. Ahhh, I remember those days. Now I just smell like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Comment

If anyone wants the Prada Amber I have PM me.
                            Luanne
                            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I got some Chanel No.5 off of eBay a few weeks back. I really like it. I'm going to have to troll eBay for some more scents. 3.4 ounces of Eau de Parfume Chanel for $20. Not bad. I need some more kinds. I just don't know what.

Things I like:

Chanel No.5
                              Escape
                              Heavenly by VS

I remember when I wore Love's Baby Soft.
                              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Heidi, I'm actually surprised that you're into Chanel No.5. That perfume just screams high-maintenance to me. How do you pair it with mandals? :P Or did the recent shopping spree and fancy occassions insprire you?

And I agree that ebay rocks for perfume.

Comment

Working...
                                X