Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I am so upset about this, I don't even know where to begin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I am so upset about this, I don't even know where to begin.

Hey, I still own a pair of overalls! They're great for working in the theater; tools fit in the pockets and loops and such, and I don't care if I get paint all over them!
    Sandy
    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by alison
      Do you remember back in the 90s that adults were wearing overalls? Ack!

My boss wears denim overalls on almost every day off! Ahh....the south.
      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

:guilty:

That thing is hideous. You can just feel that thing biting into the ladybits when you bend over or sit down.

Comment

I've seen commercials on TV for these jumpers! Yuck!
          Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I used to love overalls and wore them when I was pregnant with my first. ETA: Most maternity pants didn't fit me because of my height and those damn panels. Things have drastically improved since.
            Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Michele
              I've seen commercials on TV for these jumpers! Yuck!
              I was amused in the commercial that they really didn't highlight this particular "jumper". but the other one in the safari line was just as hideous!
              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

This wasn't very big in NY. I had some overall shorts back in junior high but that was the extend of it. I think Carrie actually wore some overall outfit on SATC a few times.

Comment

I believe I had two shorts jumpers c. 1980-81, one blue, one green, terrycloth (oh my!), spaghetti straps, with that white piping along the edges. I specifically remember the peeing being annoying.
                  Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                  Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                  Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

i hade a jumper like that before. one summer our family took a trip to gramby zoo in canada...i wore that outfit.

imagine my suprise when i came down with the poops and pukes. every time i puked...i pooped. i think i was all of eleven. it was terrible. my parents used to ignore me when i would be, "mom...mom...mom...." well, dont ya know, when i was sick all the way there and back...every time i said "mom" i got a quick response!!

i had an accident in the bathroom and couldnt get the jumper off fast enough. im sure i dont need to elaborate on what the accident was.

fun times in the 80's
                    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I had jumpers. Of course I had jumpers! I had a pants-tank jumper (that was impossible to use the bathroom in) made of denim. It was very cute. It was the early 90s.

Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Like Oshkosh B'gosh overalls?

I had them too!
                        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Carrie Bradshaw would wear the Urban Jumper. With it unbuttoned down the front, huge bracelets, and gigantic espadrilles and possibly 1 striped kneesock.
                          and in my world, she'd get an increase in her meds that day.

J.

Comment

Originally posted by *Lily*
                            Okay, tangent: Carrie Bradshaw was a fashion risk taker, and I give her credit for that, but I think 85% of the time, it was heinous. Except for the shoes. And she had a lot of good accessories. But the big tranny hair combined with the bizarre outfits = bad, bad, baddy bad bad.

Carrie Bradshaw would wear the Urban Jumper. With it unbuttoned down the front, huge bracelets, and gigantic espadrilles and possibly 1 striped kneesock.

That is my funny image for the day.
                            Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                            With fingernails that shine like justice
                            And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Working...
                            X