Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

ideas for what to wear at graduation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ideas for what to wear at graduation?

So, I went to bed pretty early but here I am awake at 4am. I know I'm jumping the gun thinking about this but.....

Do any of you fashion sages have ideas for what to wear to dh's graduation in June? I'm not sure how dressy it will even be... but it is at a fancy place in Chicago.

Here's what I like: pretty things, but simple and comfortable (no heel or not much), I like the clothes from Anthropologie, but not the revealing/low cut ones. I also like the simplicity and quality of Eileen Fisher.

Also, What did you all wear? Was it fun? Did you have a party for your graduate?

and a side note... would it be appropriate for kids (6 and 9 y.o.) to go to the grad ceremony? Presently, they don't want to go because it's on their last day of school. Dh feels bummed because he always imagined them there.

Thanks for any ideas!

Re: ideas for what to wear at graduation?

I got a strapless dress from white house black market and wore some strappy black heels and a chunky red necklace from Ann Taylor. Both of our kids (DS was 6 and DD was 2) went graduation as well as our cousins' son (15 months). We pulled DS out of school because we felt it was important for him to be there to see his father graduate--he also attended DH's undergrad graduation when he was only 4 months old and my undergrad graduation when he was 2. DS missed his last days of school because we moved to our new home for residency a few days after graduation. We figured life will go and and there will be more last days of school but their father will only graduate from medical school once. We made it through medical school as a family and it seemed appropriate that the whole family be there for that moment. A bunch of DH's family flew in from CA, NV, and FL so we went to dinner the night of graduation. We actually had two dinners (one the night before as well) because DH's dad is an ass and we felt no need to torture DH's mother's side of the family by having dinner together. With my not favorite FIL we went to a fancy steak place sans kids. With the rest of family we went to an Italian restaurant where they put us up in our own area since we had a big party-- kids went to this. It was great. Good times, good food, wine, speeches and tears...

DH's graduation was at a beautiful place (the inside architecture was gorgeous) and most people were dressed up-- men in suits, women in dresses or the like. But there were a few people that wore whatever. We also had an AWESOME speaker, Dr. Ben Carson. Graduation was a good day.... so much better than Match day.

Comment

I would love to meet Ben Carson. I read his first book when I was in Nursing school many moons ago. As far as clothing, I would probably wear a a dress or skirt and top (but I am not a fashion diva) so I defer to those here.
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I'm voting for a dress and some heels. I wore a little black (linen) dress from the Loft to DH's graduation with some strappy sandals.

Comment

I figure we'll probably frame a picture of us with DH wearing his cap & gown, so I'm planning on wearing some sort of daytime dress, so light colored and nothing too lowcut. I'll probably look at Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor Loft for ideas.

Comment

Yes, take the kids. They suffered the roller coaster ride callled medical training along with you!
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
            X